Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with SSv2 and Galaxy4?

Cyberleader
2: Seeker

Hi there, I have just got and registered a SSv2 and dont know if its working or if I have a phone fault. I registered the SS with my number and got a text to say its up and running( its been running for 5 days now( Red power light is on as well as the second light that from (reading here is the signal connection?), however I dont seem to get anything on my 2 week old Galaxy S4. Most of the time I dont get any signal bars, sometimes I have seen 4, I havent seen any 'g' logo appear either but when you go to make a call it just says 'not connected to the network'.

I have read all through here and other online pages re SS and have done the following but with no progress.

Changed the 'auto ' on the phone that connects to 2g, 3g, and 4g signals, changed to to 2g & 3g only.

tunred off my wifi on the phone

powered off and on on the phone

on router firewall settings opened tcp and udp ports to outbound ok (read that somewhere??)

I have read that the S4 has a fault that says  'not connected to the network' in weak signal areas but I only seem to get that at home when the SSv2 is running so is it SS or is it my new phone? Can someone help?

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Cyberleader

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Wayne

Cyberleader

sorry for the delay, still cant get anywhere with this, I dont think its a VSS problem TBH I think its the samsung S4 not wanting to work with the VSS and the well reported " Not Connected to Network" issue ! But here are my test resultsz as requesed, can you help!

VSS Serial 40120223546 9361 Home Cell V2-V
IP 2.96.103.148
IPv6 ::ffff:260:6794

Download Speed 13.31 Mbps
Upload 0.85Mbps
Ping 58ms jitter 5ms

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 13 ms 13 ms 14 ms host-2-96-96-1.as13285.net [2.96.96.1]
3 16 ms 17 ms 14 ms host-78-151-238-145.as13285.net [78.151.238.145]

4 18 ms 16 ms 18 ms host-78-151-238-132.as13285.net [78.151.238.132]

5 17 ms 18 ms 17 ms host-78-144-12-23.as13285.net [78.144.12.23]
6 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
7 19 ms 17 ms 18 ms 85.205.0.86
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Cyberleader,

The details you've posted all seem fine and I can see the Sure Signal is connecting with our servers.

Please let me know what lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal.

The first thing I would try would be a change of SIM which can be collected from your local store.

Once this has been done, please de-register the Sure Signal and then register again.

DaveCD

Cyberleader
Hi DaveCD
I have tried the new sim and have un reg then re reg the unit already. I am getting a full signal readout on the phone and with a signal scanning app but when i go to use it still comes up with not reg on network. Calling my number from landljne also comes up with my phone is not available, i think the s4 i got on vodafone has compatabillity issues?

Hi Cyberleader,

Please check that 3G is switched on, on your Galaxy S4.

You can do this byfollowing the steps below:

• Press the settings icon.
  • Press the Connections tab.
  • Press More networks.
  • Press Mobile networks.
  • Press Network mode.
  • Ensure "LTE/GSM/WCDMA (auto connect)" is selected.

Thanks,

Matt B

Cyberleader
Yep tried that as well and next one down and gsm only. Also tried with mobile data on and off and wifi on n off, all combinations. I have read somewhere online that the g4 has issues switching down from 4g to 3g and its more geared to 4g which is causing people problems?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Cyberleader,

There are no known issues with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Sure Signal.

Your Sure Signal hasn’t connected with our servers since 25 August - is this still plugged in? If not, please ensure this is plugged in so we can check things further.

Please try the following:

• Register another Vodafone number to see if this will work
  • Another Ethernet cable as it could be a cable issue
  • Test this in another location (a friend or family members address) with a different internet service provider

Please also let us know what light sequence you’re seeing.

Thanks,

Jenny

Cyberleader
Been building a conservatory so not had my phone on as been at home. Will try another cable, its only a 3ft one as its right next to my router. Dont have another vodafone to try but can ask if i can plug in to next doors to try. There does seem to be a wide reported g4 issue with the not connected to network message but none have mentioned vss but i thought it was worth mentioning to cover all corners :Smiling: