sure signal not working now

run the tracert

but cant copy 12 to 30 did say requset timed out

28 REPLIES 28

NEIL-1958
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
No didn't do anything other than plug it in there

Well submitted all the ping, tracert details etc last night and no response from Vodafone tech yet?

Obviously still not working and we're into day 3 now. Multiple resets of SS and BT HH3  router etc but to no avail.

I'm seriously unimpressed with Vodafone on this. Even if it's BT who have somehow altered the HH3's ability to allow SS3 to operate why haven't the 2 companies worked out a solution yet as was promised on Monday morning when I got through to a Vodafone tech by phone?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @NEIL-1958

Thanks for letting us know that your Sure Signal in now working.

@Peter54 - Could you let me know your the serial number please? I've had a look through the info you've provided but can't see it, apologies if i've missed it.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Serial No: 40124132271

Thanks

Sent my serial number yesterday, as requested, but no response.

So here we are in day 5 and still no working Sure Signal. Since yesterday I have had a lengthy exchange with BT Broadband techies who say they are aware of the problem and are still looking into it. Alternatively I could use their chargeable service to investigate 'my' problem!!

Also had Vodaphone tech checkout system and accepted that there is nothing amiss my end.

So I am begininning to conclude that either BT or Vodafone or both are completely incompetent or don't talk to each other or that BT are playing games now that they are back in the mobile market themselves. Those of us that rely on the SS working will also have to have land line for their broadband signal which is likely as not to be provided by BT. So if you can't use your SS then you're going to have to use your 'BT' land line to make calls - so there is no real incentive for BT to solve this problem is there?

Not normally so cynical but this is really trying my patience.

3rd line tech support called me on Tuesday and, because HH4 cannot even see the SS3 in the LAN connections screen, they believe the SS3 may now be faulty and have instigated a repair proces, where I have to send back the SS3 on receipt of their packaging.

Not at all convinced that this is going to be the solution......

Well Sukhi still hasn't bothered to respond after more than 24hrs.

The only thing Vodafone techie on the phone could come up with yesterday was to send SS3 back to them for checking as well. Just as much of a waste of time as changing ethernet cable. Funny how they seem to think all these problems have almost simultaneously happened this week with SS for BT broadband users!

Even BT techie having looked at the Vodafone blog realised that something is afoot other than individual hardware issues!

Please Vodafone get this sorted.......soon, and stop asking us to waste time with checking our equipment and cables when the problem is not with us!

(Removed in line with House Rules)

Well well, Houston we finally have lift off!!

Finally sorted itself late this afternoon. Very helpful BT techie changed some settings on my HH 3 remotely for me and asked me to get Vodafone to resync SS3 - and hey presto after and hour and a half it came back to life.

He said he followed advice from an earlier Vodafone blog a couple of years ago which I have copied below for the more enlightened of you.

Incidentally vodafone told me when I asked for a re-sync that the problem was now solved and that what BT had done was the best solution?? Not confident this would have got sorted otherwise. BT 1 Vodafone 0 !!

First step is to identify your Sure Signal on your network, this can be done by matching the MAC address on the back of the unit to one of the MAC address' listed in your network (I renamed it sure signal for future reference)
•I then set up the game/application rule under port forwarding and followed the steps to open ports 8, 50, 123, 500, 4500 and 1723. I set them to 'any' where I had the choice of UDP/TCP.
•I then applied this game/application rule to the sure signal
•I also turned on 'port clamping' which can be found under broadband settings, then VPN.
•I also switched on DMZ under port forwarding (although I do not know if this is 100% necessary, it was a case of try everything )
•I then called Vodafone customer services and asked them to re-sync the device, which they said would take between 5 mins to an hour.
•Sometime later I checked back and all the correct lights were illuminated and not flashing.
I hope this helps others a bit, for reference I think I have a homehub3 and that's with BT infinity.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Peter54

I'm glad to see this is all resolved now on the back of your sorting things with your ISP.

For future reference, we answer eForum posts on a first come, first served basis.

If you need urgent support in future, please speak to us on Live help.

Thanks,

Ben