Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with Sure Signal 3

cwadey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Up until last night my sure signal working perfectly with all nine numbers attached to it with no issues, then all of a sudden all of the phones lose connection, the main phone that the signal is registered too still works.

All of the lights are good on the signal and it is putting out a 3g signal as the one phone is still working with it.  I have de registered all of the handsets and then re registered them, reset the sure signal to factory settings and still only the one number is working with still.

So I ring vodafone who then tell me I have to wait an hour in cue or be phoned back, so get the call back and passed around a bit, they couldn't help and give me 0870 1666777 to ring and the number which if you google it does say that it's vodafone, but when I ring it says number not recognised.

I would really appreciate some help as I have teenage daughters moaning about not having phone signal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cwadey

We've refreshed your SS, this can take up to 6 hours to take effect.

After 6 hours perform a reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

Thanks,

Rodney 

View solution in original position

66 REPLIES 66

jamesqgordon
4: Newbie

Hello,

I have a sure signal V3 that has been working fine for months, but for some reason has now stopped. All lights are as normal (i.e lamp 1 red, lamps 2 and 3 white) but no phones are connecting, and lamp 4 does not light when phones go off hook.

I have tried the following

1. reset several times (unplug ethernet, hold button 30 secs e.c.t)

2. swapped with a spare sure signal that I have - same problem

3. de-registered and re-registered - same problem

4. reset my BT Homehub5 - same problem

5. turned off home hub for 10 mins - same problem

My connectivity settings are as follows

ping 42ms, jitter 6ms

Download speed 35Mbit/s, upload speed 9.14

external IP - 86.158.120.81

serial number - 40132627494

Maddox2003
1: Seeker

My Sure Signal 3 was apprantly registered with Vodafone on Friday, however it is still not working. Solid red light, intermittant Globe Symbol flashing white, nothing else. When will this working?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Maddox2003 Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

I have been through the process but Vodafone are saying that there is issues with the Sure Signal 3 registrations at the back end, is this not the case?

thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Maddox2003,

We've recently updated our servers and you can now manage your Sure Signal in My Vodafone.

If you'd like us to check it's registered correctly, please post your Sure Signal serial number.

Hi, sure signal serial number is as follows

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Maddox2003,

I can see this registration is pending.

Due to the changes in the system, please deregister this and register it as new.