Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with VSS3 and Virgin Superhub resolved

AndyBarff
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been struggling for about two weeks to fix the problem of call quality break up when calling via my VSS3 which is linked to a Virgin Superhub. I read all the posts here and did all the tests. I have a 30mb download/2mb upload contract with Virgin but was only getting 1.3 upload, which may not be enough for the VSS3. More worryingly the ping test only rated the connection as "D". I was also getting short breaks in the virgin connection.

I set the MDU at 1500 on the Superhub but this made no difference. I set up the port forwarding as suggested but if anything this made things worse. Then the VSS3 would not complete a reboot - ended up with various amber lights as if it had not been registered.

So - this is what I did. I removed the port forwarding from the the Superhub but left the MDU set at 1500. I did a reboot of the Superhub by switching on and off (30 sec pause) using the little button underneath. I re-booted the VSS3 as suggested by Vodafone and - hey presto - all is now well.

The ping test comes back as grade "A", and the upload speed is now 1.97. Two handsets can be used at the same time with the VSS3 and call quality is fine.

All I can say is that a regular re-boot of the Superhub seems to be a good idea and definately the first thing to try if you are having problems. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AndyBarff, 

Thank you for taking the time to share this. I'm confident other users will find it helpful. :smileyhappy:

Best Wishes, 

Kay

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AndyBarff, 

Thank you for taking the time to share this. I'm confident other users will find it helpful. :smileyhappy:

Best Wishes, 

Kay