Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with sure signal

Nealareynolds
2: Seeker
I have a sure signal 1 and for the past few days it has stopped working. When you turn it on the power light comes on, the Internet light comes on and the the tick light Stars flashing and then the box switches off and back on and the power light comes on on its own! I have tried a reset but now the power Internet and phone lights are all flashing (all 3 at once, then the Internet one, then the power and phone one!) v weird - can anyone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member

@ Nealareynolds,

If your Sure Signal is displaying symptoms similar to the description in the first post of this link.....  http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

.....then you require a new power supply!

Replacement power supplies are readily available on Amazon or Ebay. Just search for "Sure Signal power supplies" and cost around £10 or so.

Regards,

Mike.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

jaredellam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Having exactly the same thing, managed to speak to someone at vodafone, they emailed a list of things to check with BT.

Phoned BT and I may as well have been asking my 5 year old to sort it

Are you with BT ??? I am and have been using a Hub 4a for 18 months with no issue until now. No responce on here for over 24 hrs

Sorry not much help but its sounding like someone has altered something if its effecting more than 1 person

cineriv

@ Nealareynolds,

If your Sure Signal is displaying symptoms similar to the description in the first post of this link.....  http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

.....then you require a new power supply!

Replacement power supplies are readily available on Amazon or Ebay. Just search for "Sure Signal power supplies" and cost around £10 or so.

Regards,

Mike.

Nealareynolds
Thanks cineriv. It really does work - had a spare power supply at home and after plugging it in and waiting a few hours, it works! Thanks again

got home after a night shift and found a old 12 v 5amp power supply. plugged it in and hey presto its alive. Many thanks and to vodafone please add this to the top of your check list as its much easier than what you put me through.

Hi guys,

That's good to hear that your problems are now resolved.  :smileyhappy:

Please remember that for everybody's safety, the Sure Signal is powered up for long periods and usually unattended, it is important that the power supply meets the usual CE and Rohs requirements. It's output should not exceed 12V @ 2 Amps and have over volts protection.

The specified requirements for the power supply are  12V @1.5 Amps with a 5.5 x 2.5mm connector. 

(Some suppliers are selling units with 5.5 x2.1 mm connector ...... these will not plug in to any version of the Sure Signal.)

Regards,

Mike.