Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Question on use of SureSignal

DaveL485
4: Newbie

If I have a wifi network, which SureSignal requires, why would I need to boost my mobile web signal?

The point of the question: I got my OH an S4 mini on Vodafone and the 3g signal in her house is crap. I was going to buy a SureSignal to boost this, thinking it's some sort of clever antenna-booster thing, but the spiel says it needs WIFI to work. She doesn't have internet, or a landline at all (yeah yeah, I know, she's a dinosaur.....a pretty one though!)

What are my options outside of either getting her an internet connection or putting up with bad internat (and phone) reception when in her house?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DaveL485,

The Sure Signal isn’t a ‘booster’, it’s a mini site (femtocell) that can provide 3G coverage even when there’s no coverage at all. :Smiling:

This requires a broadband connection to work so she would need this.

Take a look at our online coverage checker for any plans in that area – this will show any changes that are due in the next three months.

Thanks,

Jenny

So, if she does not have broadband, we have no options for improving signal for calls and 3g?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DaveL485, 

There isn't anything else unfortunately. 

We're massively investing in our network so hopefully she'll see improvements in the near future.

Keep checking here for updates. 

Thanks, 

Kay