Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Any news on Sure Signal stock?

auchenhove
2: Seeker

I visited my Aberdeen Vodfafone shop today and they had a stock of Sure Signal that had been delivered the day before (23/02/2015) and I purchased one (£100). It has taken three months to arrive at this happy state but I have spent all day trying to register it - without success.

Online registration appears to be a very simple process - phone number, SS serial number, postcode and floor number where the hallowed equipment will reside. I have been unable to proceed past 'Sorry, we're having a technical problem. Please try again in a few minuutes.' This occupied me all day with the odd remission of 'You have tried to register 3 times and you must now wait for 10 minutes to try again' Have deleted browser history, etc but no progress.

Very worrying to hear that other customers have been informed by Vodafone that the serial number of their new purchase is not valid.

Come on tech support, rise to the challege and give us some information on this.

4 REPLIES 4

auchenhove

Ta U_Coops,

How the hell do you get hold of technical support. Is there a secret phone number? - difficult to get any sense from the website.

auchenhove

U_Coops,

With regard to yesterday's inability to register our new Sure Signals. This morning I tried again to register and it worked perfectly so I am guessing the problem yesterday was with Vodafone webpage or system. Might be worth you trying again before taking drastic action. Also, have completed setup and now have 4/5 bar reception in my office - hurrah!

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Sarah 

auchenhove

U_Coops,

You are right. I also wasted time on this and was informed by a 191 person that it is not possible to order equipment, including Sure Signal on 191. He advised using the website to order but as we all know, this is still not functioning.

My only hope is to visit a Vodafone shop. The shop phone numbers are apparently top secret as they aren't advertised but I nevertheless tracked down the number of the nearest one to me to ask if they could obtain a Sure Signal. I only got a recorded message promising to call me back but they never did. As it is a 60 mile round trip for me to visit this shop I'm not sure that this will be a worthwhile gamble on getting any sort of result.

Still no further forward and Vodafone's customer service is still not redeemed. For Heaven's sake Vodafone, I am trying to be a customer and spend money with you - how difficult do you want to make that?

With a 2014 revenue of £39 billion, an asset base of £122 billion and 443 million customers you would think a small investment in improving customer service might be possible.