Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

I'm having to reset the SureSignal everyday, multiple times a day to get it up and running again.

Voda Cust Services completely USELESS just keep blaming BT, does anyone in Vodafone give a damn about their customers?

Same issue here. I have a SS V2 and V3 on BT ADSL and both not connecting since the past couple of weeks. 

I am persevering with the V3 , but like others this has solid orange 'In Service' and 'In Use' lights and a flashing red power light. I've reset it several times, de-registered and re-registered and I can see from my network stats that it's communicating approx 180mb up and down per day of NTP traffic, but giving no service. It's on the DMZ, so all ports are open.

Serial number is 42143512970 

Can someone reset at the vodafone end please@ I'd call up support but I have no mobile signal...

thanks,

James

Its funny, there are various threads older than this where for example some Vodafone Community person tells us they identified and fixed the problem with BT, but they've all gone quiet since the 20/21st.

It would be nice if they made an effort to update us, perhaps in a sticky post, since we are all getting fed-up with the lack of any info of value from the call centre script readers.

dalison
I have taken the power network box (netgear) out of the loop and plugged the V2 directly into the BT Hub5. The two white LEDs are flashing continuously now for 16 hours. I will wait for the full 24 hours that "technical support" recommend. Not hopeful!!! Other network offerings only seem to make calls not receive them. If anyone knows different please let me know and I will dump Vodafone immediately.

dalison
24 hours have elapsed and both lights are still flashing!!!

@dalison all we really need is Vodafone to say "it's your end" or "it's our end." I find it staggering that nobody has even that courtesy while taking pay from us their customers as "customer support." 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Please check you have the correct ports open on your router.

If you're using  a BT HomeHub, check the Smart Setup is disabled in the router settings.

If this is the case and you're still having issues, please test your Sure Signal at another location such as a friend or family members (prefereably with a different ISP).

This is still being investigated and I'll post back when I have more information.

@DaveCD I've never had mine working, but I have set up all the port forwards as described, also made sure the firewall does not impede the list of IP addresses.

I'm not on a Homehub as I mentioned earlier, I'm on a ZyXEL 

AMG1302-T10B and with IDNet

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattogden

IDNet is often a business solution so there may a firewall preventing the IPSEC from passing.

Please confirm if this is on a business internet connection. If it is, you'll need to contact them for support.

So we can rule out a fault with the Sure Signal, please connect this to a home broadband service.

@apskinner@dalison@dclclarke and @JRatron,

Please confirm exactly the lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal and provide the serial number.

@DaveCD

Thanks.

I have a V3 with solid orange lights for 'In Service' (the second light) and 'In Use' (the 3rd light) and a flashing red power light.

Serial number is 42143512970