Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattogden This is something we'd like to help you with directly. 

Please follow the instructions that @Sukhi sent to you via 

private message

Once you've got in touch, we'll be able to help. 

@Rahim @Sukhi I have filled out the form in the link, thanks.

@mattogden

When you filled out the form did you receive an auto reply with a reference in the subject line. It’ll look like this [#10000546].

@EricChester yes - #14035306

Thanks

@mattogden

I can see we've got your latest email. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Hi,  I seem to be having similar problems.  BT is my internet povider and abut a month ago my sure signal stopped working.  Mostly the red power light flashes and the internet light is solid orange.  Occasionally, the power light is solid red and the internet light flashes white.

Can someone from Vodafone please tell me how to fix the problem?

Thanks

Three days on, one phone call, one text and one missed call. Engineers blaming my ISP for blocking, my ISP saying that's rubbish (I believe my ISP btw).

No help, no advice, no working system. 

1 month and 5 days.

Edit: another missed call beacuse Wifi calling on the Galaxy S7 has stopped working for some reason and guess what? I have no signal at home. I am told they will phone again in an hour. I was told that yesterday too.

Well do this:

1) Update the firmware in the router

2) Only use a wall socket for the Sure Signal Device

3) Can you ping the Sure Signal Device with no losses?

4) Have you given the Device a fixed IP on your LAN?

5) Pressed the reset button for just 6 seconds and not longer?

6) Are you absolutely sure your device is registered correctly?

7) It may not be strictly necessary, but have you opened any ports on the router to aid the Sure Signal Device operation?

😎 Is your upload speed greater than 0.7Mbps?

9) Have you replaced thge ethernet cable with a new one?

10) Directly connect the Device to the router

11) Are port lights for the connection on at both the router end and at the Sure Signal Device?

12) Using the PC port on the Sure Signal Device, do you get an internet connection on a connected laptop with the wireless disabled?

13) Is there only one Sure Signal Device on your LAN?

14) If you want to tell us who your ISP is, and the make and model of your router, that might lead to other diagnostic tests suggestions you can make.

15) What is your connection to the Internet; Cable, ADSL, VDSL2 or something else?

16) Are you absolutely sure there are no duplicate LAN addresses on your network?

Thanks for this @trolleybus

1) Update the firmware in the router

On latest firmware

2) Only use a wall socket for the Sure Signal Device

Done

3) Can you ping the Sure Signal Device with no losses? 

NO!

C:\Users\matt>ping 192.168.1.101

Pinging 192.168.1.101 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.114: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.101:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss)

4) Have you given the Device a fixed IP on your LAN?

Yes

5) Pressed the reset button for just 6 seconds and not longer?

Yes, oft and anon.

6) Are you absolutely sure your device is registered correctly?

It says it is and VF think it is. However I can't add numbers to it.

7) It may not be strictly necessary, but have you opened any ports on the router to aid the Sure Signal Device operation?

Yes, 8,50, 123, 450, 1723 and 4500 all point to the device. Also the device is in the DMZ

😎 Is your upload speed greater than 0.7Mbps?

Yes 

9) Have you replaced thge ethernet cable with a new one?

Yes, a known good one

10) Directly connect the Device to the router

Yes

11) Are port lights for the connection on at both the router end and at the Sure Signal Device?

Yes, green light constand, yellow data light winking

12) Using the PC port on the Sure Signal Device, do you get an internet connection on a connected laptop with the wireless disabled?

Yes

13) Is there only one Sure Signal Device on your LAN?

Yes

14) If you want to tell us who your ISP is, and the make and model of your router, that might lead to other diagnostic tests suggestions you can make.

IDNet and TP-Link TD-W9980

15) What is your connection to the Internet; Cable, ADSL, VDSL2 or something else?

FTTC VDSL

16) Are you absolutely sure there are no duplicate LAN addresses on your network?

Yes

Suggest you:

1) Forget about using DMZ

2) It is absoluetly essential that it is possible to ping the Sure Signal Device without any packet loss. Run the test for longer using the -t switch of the ping command. Resolve this issue as a priority. Discuss with the router manufacturer how this can be achieved if necessary.

3) If the router directly connects to the Master Socket, then it must be BT SIN 498 MCT Approved. 

4) As an aside, change the dongle or MK3 filter for a new one.

5) Have you checked, and checked again, that the MAC Address of the Sure Signal Device matches what you have given the fixed IP address to?

6) If Dos Defense is currently on, turn it completely off. [Re-instate once Sure Signal is working].

7) The ports you have opened, do they have the right Protocol? Also add UDP 500.

😎 For the moment use VF to register the phones you want to work with the device. 

Maybe in that lot is the key to unlock your device but if still no joy then  check to see if the device will work at another geograhical location. Notify VF of the new post code though.

Beyond that, this forum might indicate which combinations of ISPs and hardware actually produces a working Sure Signal Device, You might have to adopt one of those set ups. All I can say is that I have the SSDs working in five different geographical locations with a variety of ISPs, but I am using in each case a Draytek 2860.