Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

Hi Charles,

I've checked my upload speeds over the last couple of days and download has never been below 4.7Mbps and upload never below 1.09Mbps.

I've been with BT for several years and it's only recently that my Sure Signal stopped working.

What else can be tried?

Thanks for your continued help.

Just to update people here, I am lucky to have just had my internet upgraded today from BT business ADSL with fixed ip to BT business Infinity fibre with fixed ip. Gone from 6mb/s down 0.35mb/s up to 80mb/s down 20mb/s up :Smiling:

I have changed nothing else on my network, same cabling, same internet router (DSL-AC68U) same hosts and same sure signal. 

After weeks and weeks of no joy on the BT adsl, now my sure signal is working great after a few hours of re-syncing.

This says to me that either a sure signal cannot work over a basic ADSL with 0.35mb/s upload (although I did have it working previously for years on this same connection) or that there's some inherent rule or fault with the adsl which was blocking it as all other variables in this environment are unchanged.

So I'm all sorted now. Hope this helps others somehow.

James

dalison
You did not read my post did you, otherwise why would you would you make such a crass reply.!!!!!

laraine
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I m still having problems..2 weeks now..

dalison
If you are on Infinity you must be running VDSL!

dalison
One for the tech team, I have just changed my phone which needed a smaller SIM the SS2 is not seeing it after 18 hours. Looking at help, it advises to remove number from list and then reenter it. This I cannot do as I am the owner!! How can I resolve this? I am loathe to deregister the SS2 after my earlier problems. Advice please

@dalison

I've resyncronised your Sure Signal today.This process may take upto 6 hours to complete, so please leave the Sure Signal for this length of time.

Once this time has passed, please complete the process by doing a factory reset:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

dalison
Would please resync my SS2 serial number 40113848721. I have reset it 3 times including power off, 6 second reset and 30 second reset. The SS2 is "talking" at length to your servers it just fails to complete the operation and so the single white led continues to flash

dalison
I have noticed over the last week that my SS2 has been updated or is otherwise communicating with Vodafone servers almost every day. I don't know why this should be & I don't expect that Vodafone will tell me. In each case the SS2 comes back into service so no great problem for me. Junking the BT Hub 5 & spending money on a Draytek router solved the original problem so I would suggest you bite the bullet and do the same thing, otherwise you will be stuck in this infuriating loop for a very long time I'm afraid. I do hope they solve your problem soon!!!

dalison
Oh and by the way my SS2 worked for many years on a 500kbs connection before we finally were able to get FTTC. So I suspect that is another red herring from Vodafone.