Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Supertension Please try replacing your ethernet cable, as there could potentially be a fault with your current cable, restricting your Vodafone Sure Signal from provisioning to the network. 

@dalison Sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced. 

Just a quick update as I think it's coming up to my three month anniversary of no working SureSignal. 

We were promised a new box (which eventually arrived after being sent to the wrong address) and a lady called Yvonne from Vodafone thought she had an idea about what had gone wrong (something to do with changing phones and SIMs) and was going to phone as soon as it arroved and walk us through the registration process. 

"But will you phone?" my wife asked. "I'm not known for not following up!" said she. That was a month ago. SO the SS is still sat here in its box...

You actually couldn't make it up. 

@mattogden

So that we can look further into this for you, please could you reply to the email Natasha sent you 26 August.

@ericchester I did at the time, do you need me to do it again?

@mattogden

I've been unable to see a reply from you since Natasha arranged a call back for you.

Please reply again listing the issues you're still experiencing and we'll look into this for you :Smiling:

@ericchester I will, for the umpteenth time, when I have the patience and energy. It's a pity no logs are kept.

dalison
So sorry to hear of your continuing problems. I upgraded my iPhone when the 7 was announced and the price of the 6s dropped. Our SS2 wouldn't see my new phone, you have to remove from the list, then reenter it. However because my number is the owner of the SS2 you cannot remove it from the list. The only way round this is to deregister the SS and start from scratch!! My wife who needs the SS2 working said no bloody way after all problems getting it working again. So I had to buy an SS3 and put it in the other end of the house, register it to my iPad ( to avoid this problem in the future). Fortunately it all works, the SS3 as it is quite low on the wall as a much shorter range then the SS2, we need both units to cover the house. So I would suggest you get a Draytek router as that sorted the connection problem for me.

@dalison thanks for your sympathy!

Been there, done that etc.

Think the problem is we have three phones on the same account, the 'master' of which has changed. I have tried registering on one of the other numbers but to no avail. I think the advice was to delete the My Vodafone account and start again, which the elusive Yvonne was going to do...

I just have to walk away from it all for days at a strech as it is SO frustrating. 

dalison
You would have thought "customer service" sic would have been in touch by now, after your last post. Pity you don't have the email of the CEO !!!!!!!

I might have thought that two months ago... not any more!