Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi @mattogden

Have you tried the SureSignal Troubleshooting steps?

N

@Nabs

Well, I've done a lot of lurking and fiddling, does that count? :Winking_smiley:

Assuming it's in the 'other' category as the lights don't match with any of the others, so:

The issue you’re experiencing: Failure to connect

What light sequence you're seeing: Two solid orange and one flashing power

Your speed test results from here. 30 down 18 up http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5495351062 

Your external IP address from here. 91.135.5.30

Your Sure Signal serial number: 43161653266

The results of a traceroute.

C:\Users\matt>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 4 ms 4 ms 3 ms 192.168.1.1
2 13 ms 11 ms 12 ms telehouse-gw4-lo1.idnet.net [212.69.63.98]
3 13 ms 12 ms 16 ms 212.69.63.84
4 13 ms 12 ms 14 ms ge-2-25.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [213.130.48.161]
5 24 ms 13 ms 12 ms ae-0.vodafone.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.66.46]
6 12 ms 12 ms 28 ms ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.61]
7 * * * Request timed out.

... etc.

Nabs

@mattogden I've split your replies out to a new thread so you can get some more directed assistance for the issue (I worry it would get missed in the other thread)

Fiddling always counts!:smileyvery-happy:

Your speeds are more than enough so that's not the issue. From what I can tell the trace looks fine as well (they always time out due to the Vodafone firewalls)

To be honest you'd probably be best sitting tight at this point and letting one of the eForum team take a look at the servers to see if your units communication is reaching them. Once that's been confirmed as working then we may need to take a look at setting up some port forwarding on your router but best waiting before we jump in there. 
You've already provided the serial number so as soon as the team pick up this thread (it's usualy around 24hours depending on how busy they are) they should be able to get to work checking it out for you :smileyhappy:

N

OK, great, thanks for your help Nabs, this is me sitting tight!

Difficult though, this device could save a fourteen year mobile drought! :smileyhappy:

Hi all - it appears that the recent network issues with BT has impacted upon SS v3 connectivity - I have the fortune to have two fibre connections and two SS v3 devices - all has been fine on both networks and both devices for months - then SS device failed on BT network - cut story short, simply swapping devices to other netword and it works fine (the swapped device from the non-BT nework then wont work) swapped them back and its the same scenario - so cleary a BT network issue?

how its resolved is yet to be detrmined but as yet, 3 days later, the SS device in the office on BT fiber isnt working no mater what we do with device (reset, ports open etc etc) though as said, no real need to change setting on as all was working fine until... 

Having connection issues as well

SS3 is going down every 3 or 4 hours for an hour or so, then back on

BT broadband hub

Exactly the  same problems, only recently stopped working reliably and Vodafone Customer service and the SureSignal technical experts specifically have been ABSOLUTELY UNHELPFUL.

Vodafone may well be right to blame BT, however the attitude we get is  'we have no idea how long it will take to fix, and its out of our hands' - what excellent customer service eh?

We've even been LIED to, by telling us its fixed yesterday and that a full reset of the box and it'll be fine. So we do that, we get it working for 2 hrs and then its gone again.

No-one at Vodafone wants to give a timeline, despite the fact its their customers who are being impacted, SOMEONE in Voda should be working on this WITH BT.

We have no cellular coverage from any provider in our village, we rely on our mobiles, and I'm NOT buying a new phone with Wifi calling - why should I?

BT Customer care are just as useless and don't even help to find someone who can advise. Fundamentally they don't care its equipment from Vodafone after all.

Some of the other older threads talk about configuration settings on the HH5, BUT this shouldn't be necessary, its only broken in the last week, customers should not have to twiddle with HH settings.

This is not the first problem that Vodafone have impacted our service recently, fortunately we are at the end of our SIM only contracts so we could tell them were to go, but I think this is a story that should handed to the press - Name & Shame seems the only solution these days, customer service is non-existent with either of these Behemoths 

My problem continues, now had the suresignal down for 3 days. I reset it every time I walk past it. I use power line networking (concrete walls are not as transparent as plaster board for wifi) the activity lights show that the suresignal V2 is trying to talk to Vodafone so I know that the unit is probably OK. If tech support monitor is site can they please resync my unit.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mattogden,

Everything you've posted looks fine and the Sure Signal should be ready to take calls.

I can see a few users are still experiencing difficulties which may be related to BT. I've fed this back and we're currently looking into this.

@dalison,

I've resynced your Sure Signal using the number from your earlier post.

Please let us know if this stabilises your Sure Signal.