Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

Thanks for the information @davecd!

Still exactly the same here though after three days, despite customer support saying it would be sorted out within 24 hours.

Is it worth mentioning I'm not actually on BT, but use IDNet?

Thanks again

No joy. Still sits there flashing its lights and failing to connect. Getting to the point when I say goodbye Vodafone. If EE's wifi calling works I may give that a try. At least they have some 4G in Norfolk, Vodafone seem to not give a monkeys chuff, when they lose most of their customer base someone at the top of the tree might actually take notice. Sad really.

Ok my SS v3 seems stable again now.

I had problems Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd July

Friday came back for 3 or 4  hours and then dropped out again for 1 hour about 3 or 4 times a day.

I feel the big issue with sure signal is that when it does drop out.. the support is pretty damn awful.

We all rely heavily on our phone service otherwise we wouldn't have spent £100 plus on the hardware in the first place!

Most things you can get back up and running again in no time with either a tweak or at worst by replacing equipment. 

But to be told to just wait 24 hours beofre acting on any change sems ludicrous. You can be...and I have been ....without a mobile for over a week by the time the issue has been found and subsequently fixed..

For info I am on my second SSv3 unit in 18 months..the first one fried itself.

@headjog thanks, mine must be another issue as five days on and still the same (ten seconds of whilte connect flashing, followed by continuous two orange lights, flashing power light)

@DaveCD is this work ongoing? Has a problem been found? Have we ANY timescales? Sorry to pester but I'm getting no crumbs of comfort apart from your kind help.

Anyone else: are you still having these problems? Starting to feel lonely here :Sad_face:  

I suppose I have a few days before I make the decision to cancel the Vodafone contract and keep my O2 contract - at least O2 has a working TU GO app - but boy this would be great to get running.

...oh, and one other point. Though the my vodafone portal says the device is active, it won't allow me to add users to it - just says there is a 500 error when I try. Is this related? Does it give a clue to what is going wrong?

Help? Please? :Sad_face:

You're not alone, same issue here. Please can someone from support please provide some support. 

dalison
4: Newbie
Still resetting every time I walk past. Still not working!! Everybody else still in the same boat??

Sort of glad I'm not alone! 

Day 6 begins with no change and no word of progress or otherwise. For the sake of our sanity would it not be possible for someone in Vodafone to say how far they've got? Please? Anyone? Does anyone who isn't Vodafone have any ideas what might be going on?

A week ago today, full of hope and optimism, we plugged our new SureSignal into the network...

That evening we were assured by customer services that it was a temporary glitch and all would be well within 24 hours.

Same message on the Forum - give it some time....

Is a week enough time? Could nobody just say "we know it's a problem our end and we're doing x" or "we think it's your end?" Just let us know that something is happening? This is my introduction to VF. Wow. How about having a Forum where a post gets viewed 183 times in a day and nobody just says "hang in there?"

SO let's work together:

1) Is anyone like me - registered their new device, device shows active in "My Vodafone" but just the two orange lights and the flashing power button?

2) Has anyone had theirs work for some time then drop to this state?

2a) Has anyone in 2 now got theirs working or had it magically come to life?

3) Has anyone cured this state using port forwarding or DMZ or some such?

4) ANY salient information PLEASE?

My V2 had been working with infinity hub since I was able to over to fibre 9 months or so. Everything went tits after the BT server outage. Most things Web and email came back in 2 days but with occasional glitches. Sky+ box would not register with On Demand, this took until Saturday to clear. Sure Signal is still down, there is an outside chance the box has gone faulty but in view of other people's experience, purchase of a V3 box may be a waste of time.