Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: BT network issues on suresignal

mattogden
4: Newbie

Is there any news on this? I connected our suresignal to the router on the evening of the 20th. It immediately showed up as active in the account on my vodafone. But I just can't get it to connect - Two amber lights and flashing power light. The router is upnp and I've even tried putting the SS in the demilitarized zone.

I contacted Vodfone help yesterday and they said all will be well 12 - 24 hours on. 18 hours on should I sit happy?

Getting the thing to work will be a huge boon ( and keep a couple of Vodafone customers) as we are in a dead spot here!

152 REPLIES 152

Really annoying. Only got my sure signal 3 last week, worked for 2 days then nothing. 

I have a BT hume hub and I see from the forum that there are issues with Suer Signal and BT. Really feel I should send it back and get a refund of the £69 I spent trying to get a signal here for the first time in years. Go back to having to drive to the next village to make a phone call. grrrrrrrrr.

dalison
It's not just sure signal now. Sky Catch Up and my Panasonic 750 smart TV will not connect. The Draytek router doesn't seem to want to log onto BT, but that could be down to me, so I will work my way through the manual. Guess I will have to try and get some tech support from BT, which I suspect will be as efficient as Vodafone. I hate spending money for rubbish service. My company manufacture electronic products sold worldwide, if I hear of a problem I try to sort it same day!!!!

dalison
Request to trolleybus. Having trouble with 2860 router. I have put in all the settings required, the router connects to the DSL line but won't connect to BT. I must be missing something can you give any tips

PM sent to you

Thought since I started this thread I'd update, not that there's much to update! I assume we're all having the same issues.

In a fit of pique/enlightenment I bought a Galaxy 7s all round with whizzy Wifi calling - which suprisingly works! That is, calling works. SMS not so much. I didn't even think VF would do one and not the other! Jeez.

So it would still be great to get the SS working...!

Any news? Has anyone cracked it? @dalison did the new router work? If it didn't surely that absolutely confirms it's BT/VF?

Installed the Draytek, got it up and running with the help of trolleybus. MTU set to 1500 but problem persists. SS2 not working but now it just sits there with both white LEDs flashing rather than just the red light on. I haven't tried the port forwarding yet as trolleybus's unit was working without this step. On the plus side both Sky On Demand and Pansonic 750 smart TV are now connected reliablely. Looks like BT and Vodafone should try and talk to each other and get this sorted. This has gone on far to long!!!!

I wasn't aware that dalison still had an issue. I personally found that you have to bind the SSD to the MAC and that may be something he should do. I also do not know if he updated the firmware of the 2860 to 3.8.2.3_BT which is an important task to undertake.

The trouble listing guide for SSD V3 doesn't mention the sequence of RED on and two flashing white lights but I think he has SSD V2, so there may be a difference to what the lights mean. My trouble shooting instincts would be to determine if it was possible to ping the SSD and to change the CAT5 cable ensuring it wasn't plugged into the PC port!

On the SSD version 3, I still have not discovered what a 6 second hold of the reset button actually does, but in most cases it does seem to bring the SSD V3 to life.  SSD V2 seems much more tempremental to get working, but with very limited experience on that model there isn't much more I can add.

mine is still not working after you guys have reset it for me

dalison
I can't find the *_BT firmware upgrade!! Looked on the Draytek website and can only see v8.2.3-00 to -03 mine is an annexe A model but ##~## if I can find the modem code to determine which upgrade to use. Will persevere this evening.

Go to http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads. Select the appropriate firmware and download on to your computer.

Logon on to your router and go to the Firmware Upgrade page and load the file from there. Sit back and watch paint dry and eventually the new firmware will be o your router.