Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Network coverage - multiple areas.

adysmith
2: Seeker

For months now i have had to put up with the near loss of my signal when at my home address, on being finally told a sure signal box would help, i told the vodafone operator i wasnt prepared to pay the 100 pnds... vODAFONE finally told me to go to my nearest shop and they would supply me with one, the shop said they couldnt just supply me one free of charge i would have to be credited the amount through vodafone customer care...!!?? After a further exchange over the telephone , customer care told me to buy the signal box from my local vodafone shop, get them to register the purchase on my account, and that this would be registered on my account as a credit of 100pnds...? On talking to Customer care tonight , 8th aug 14, 7pm, i was told this was not possible and i would have to claim back from the shop...!!!??? To say i am angry and frustrated is an understatement, my treatment and service is below poor, to cap it all off, my ex partner and other son, have had a phone call from VODAFONE asking if their signal is poor, and have recently received a sure signal box, a samsung tablet and a wifi booster...!!?? I feel so frustrated at my predicament that it has pushed me to a point where i would like to leave Vodafone, i am paying a monthly contract on two phones , and still receiving an inadequate signal...!!??

6 REPLIES 6

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi adysmith,

So we can access your account notes and investigate this, please get in touch here.

Thanks,

Gemma

Phil2608

I was told thee same about going in to the shop and have not been able to resolve the issue with very very poor signal and have 4 numbers on my contract so dont see why i should have to pay out another £100 when i have been a loyal customer

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Phil2608,

Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jenny

Post Title: IP31 Thurston Suffolk

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? yes, how far do you have to travel to regain service? half a mile

2) What is the full postcode  of where the issue occurs? IP31 3RX

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? no signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? about 4 months a go

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? permanent

Hi Phil2608,

I’ve had a look at the coverage in your area and I can see that it is very patchy.

With this in mind, this looks to be a general coverage issue, rather than a fault.

The best thing to do would be to buy a Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Wayne

you say buy a sure signal but i dont see why i should have to pay out a £100 pounds when i am apying for a service i am not getting if  these where offered and £30 pounds for loyal customers then i would buy one