Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re Register Sure Signal

SDouthwaite
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a sure signal box registered on my account, up until recently the box was at my parents house (although it was registered on my account). Since they no longer have any use for it I have moved the box to my house. I have deregistered it online on my account so that it no longer appears but have been unable to reregister under my the new address. 

When I try to reregister I receive the following message "Sorry the serial number you are trying to register is already registered. Please recheck your serial number and try again"Please could you check for me that the box has been deregistered correctly, the serial number is  21227844269.

Kind Regards

Stuart Douthwaite   

12 REPLIES 12

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Stuart,

Sit tight one of the Tech Team can check the status of your Sure Signal unit and if required manually deregister it so it will allow you to re-register.

They usually respond within 24 hours however they work on first come first serve so may be a little longer.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello SDouthwaite,

Thanks for your post.

There is no need for you to de-register the unit. All you have to do is got to My Account > My Sure Signal > Manage my Sure Signal > Change Location and you're good to go.

To answer your query; it doesn’t look like it de-registered correctly as it's still showing as registered. A location change has been detected though so you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Lee

simoncolley

Hi,

I have a similar issue, i need to register a sure signal to my account.  The person i have had it off couldn't un-register it because they left Vodafone to another network and their Vdafone account has been deacivated.

The sure signal serial number is 21196753764

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,

For security reasons, the previous owner will need to contact us and have the Sure Signal de-registered.

Even if their account is now closed, we should still be able to find it.

If you can ask them to post here, we’ll be able to get in touch with them.

Thanks

Andrew

Paulospug
Hi Andrew.
My name is Paul Roberts and its Simon in the previous reply who has bought my old sure signal from me as I have gone to another network.
I tried to deactivate it through the account online but my account is no longer in existence.
Can you please help with de-registering the sure signal so that Simon can use it at his end?
Look forward to your speedy response.
Regards, Paul Roberts.

Hi Paulospug,

We'll be happy to help get tis sorted for you so he can take ownership of the Sure Signal.

Click here to get us your details and we'll get onto it. Just use the old details of the closed account when prompted.

Dave

hinsmeister
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I also have a sure signal box registered on my account, which worked for a while and then just stopped. I have been through numerous phone calls with Vodafone who have said they would sort it, wait the the usual 24hrs and still nothing.
Recently I received an email stating that my sure signal had been suspended and that if I wanted to use it, I sinply had to go on and re-register. 

When I try to reregister I receive the following message "Sorry the serial number you are trying to register is already registered. Please recheck your serial number and try again"
Could you check the status of my sure signal as I cannot de-register or re-register!!  The serial number is 42152665891.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hinsmeister So we can look into this further for you, please confirm the following:

• Have you used the Sure Signal in the past 3 months?
  • Have you used the Sure Signal in the past 12 months?
  • When you first noticed the issue.

@Natasha - I have not been able to use my Sure Signal for over 6 months (First time I noticed the issue) but have also been unable to rectify the problem due to working away overseas quite a lot. This has been my first opportunity.

I have however rang Vodafone numerous times and been told by the customer service advisor that the problem was at their end and it would be resolved but this never happens.