Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-Register Sure Signal

Mupps
4: Newbie

Vodafone have unregistered my Sure Signal due to "inactivity" but this was due to the system switchover that went less-then-smoothly for them and their customers.  How do I get it re-registered?  The website won't let me do it - it unhelpfully tells me there's a problem that they're working hard to fix the issue.  It's been like this for a month now.  Any help gratefully received (provided the advice isn't "call 191").

4 REPLIES 4

pk1
1: Seeker

Hi there, I sympathise greatly having spent several hours trying to reregister my sure signal on line and then with two phone calls to vodaphone!! 

Vodaphone say because I have not used nuy sure signal for a long time it cannot now be reactivated and I will have to buy another (they cost £100!).  I really don't believe this to be the case and if it is it is truly outrageous as my existing sure signal is good to go bar the registration (as I am sure yours is) furthermore I am not wanting to buy another at that price considering mine only cost £20!!  I asked whether it was possible to deregister and reregister as a solution and was given an emphatic no! Again I can't believe that this is so!!

If you find any solution to this infuriating problem please let me know. 

Many thanks

PK

Thanks for the info.  I hope it doesn't come to that.

The frustrating part is that my use of my Sure Signal hadn't changed - there's no signal where I live - but (I think) becuase my number was migrated to their new system, my use of the Sure Signal wasn't being recorded and so appeared to be unused.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Mupps 

Live help will be able to help re register your Sure Signal.

@pk1 Can you let me know your serial number, so that we I can take a closer look?

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi again,  That is doubly annoying.  My story is similar. I bought the sure signal from vodaphone as signal is low where I live and was told my old phone supported 3G. It seems it didn't as the sure signal never worked.  Now I have a smartphone and want it to work they appear to be penalising me for not having used it despite it being a vodaphone shop that gave me the wrong info!!!! Good huh!!