Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-Register Sure Signal

johnliesa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

HI

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A  VODAFONE SURE SIGNAL WHICH WAS ALREADY ACTIVATED THE PERSON HAS RANG VODAFONE TO DE-ACTIVATE THE SURE SIGNAL SO I CAN RE REGISTER IT .

VODAFONE ARE SAYING ITS STILL REGISTERED TO PREVIOUS OWNER HOPE SOME TECH GUYS CAN HELP ME OUT I NEED MY PHONE ON 24/7 AND CANT AFFORD TO BE WITHOUT A GOOD SIGNAL

SERIEL NUMBER IS  21231794997

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi johnliesa, 

We're unable to deregister a Sure Signal without first speaking to the original owner - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team can you pass these on to the original owner so that they can contact us?

Once we've spoken to them we'll be able to deregister the Sure Signal for you to register.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi johnliesa, 

We're unable to deregister a Sure Signal without first speaking to the original owner - I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team can you pass these on to the original owner so that they can contact us?

Once we've spoken to them we'll be able to deregister the Sure Signal for you to register.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul 

Hi paul the previous owner mr herbert has insisted hes rang vodafone to deactive this. Theres no more i can do if hes done his bit to deactivate. This is so frustrating as i need this phone as im also a carer.Lives could be at risk if my phones not on 24/7 please please help its a matter of urgency i will pay if i have to

regards

john liesa

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi John,

Unfortunately, saying it was requested de-registered by the original owner isn't a secure enough method for us to confirm the correct process has been followed. If the original owner insists that they deactivated the unit, then I'm afraid that they would still need to speak to us themselves for us to raise this while it shows in their name at this end. This is to help keep the systems secure and protect against cases of misuse and theft.

I can assure you once we have contact with the person that this unit is currently registered for, we'll be able to investigate this further as quickly as possible. Therefore, could you please follow the instructions provided by Paul to get this matter raised. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben