Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-Register Sure Signal

renoir9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is there any way to register new numbers onto a sure signal without having access to original email account. Email was corrupted and closed without saving details of the sure signal.

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi renoir9,

You can update things by accessing My Account.

Click on the "Sure Signal" link at the bottom of the page.

Click on "Manage Users". You can then add or remove users.

Follow the instructions, remembering to save the changes.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Ian

It only  recognises me as a user ( my wife set it up originally but doesn't remember any of the details) and it will only allow me to remove myself from the device. I got advice from vodafone  a couple of years ago about how to add another number to it and change the ownership over to me but after 2 days of trying just gave up ( nothing worked). Might have to bite the bullet and fork out £100 for the new one :Sad_face:

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi renoir9,

We can certainly look into this for you.

As it was registered to your wife, it’ll be her details we need.

I’ve sent instructions on how to get in touch here.

If you can pass them across to your wife, and ask her to complete the form, we’ll be with her as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

Having spoken to a member of the tech team,it seems that as we no longer have the original phone number that had registered the sure signal,there is nothing that can be done.Their advice is just to buy a new sure signal for the cheap price of £100. Don't think that will happen anytime soon,so contracts worth £62 per month will be under utilised 😞 Thanks for your help.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi renoir9,

Please can you let us have the email reference your wife received when she got in contact?

Thanks

Ian

Hello,
my wife set up the account years ago on her email account (email address removed for security) but this was hacked by a virus (corrupted the whole computer) and email account was closed. 
Renoir9

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi renoir9,

We can look to get the Sure Signal de-registered so you can register it to a new number.

If you haven't already, follow Andy's directions above.

If she's done that already, she should have received a confirmation email when she sent her details.

This has a reference ion the subject line which looks like "[#1234567]". Post that for me and we can check on it for you.

Dave