Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Hot Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

sassenach1
2: Seeker

Hi folks. So far my SS v3 has not caught fire or exploded, but for the second time in the last two months, has ceased to work. Three chats with Vodafone have all ended with "do not worry, it will now be working". Unfortunately, it is not. I parted with £100 for this device just over a year ago, and if it were not for that, I would have thrown it in the sea ! I cannot get 3G where I live, and only internittent 2G, so it was great when I first got the SS that in my house I could get 3G. The same problem happened a couple of months ago, and was finally resolved when one of the tech guys updated the software. So far, nobody has suggested this, and I have run out of patience with chatting online. Only two months left on my contract, and I can chnage networks - if they are any better !

4 REPLIES 4

Jomider
4: Newbie

HI there - has it got a power light on?

or is it just that you cannot connect it to the network via the web?

J

sassenach1

All lights are on (Red power light and two whitw lights - all steady) so it is connected to the web. Tech re-registered it and sync'd it this morning. 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sassenach1

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information:

• The Sure Signal Serial number
  • The lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal
  • The results of a traceroute

VSS Traceroute command

• On a PC:
    • Click on Start and select Run
    • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
    • A black box will appear
    • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
    • Paste the output of this command into your reply

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Jomider
4: Newbie

Ah that's good - sometimes, it's not straightforward to register it onto the newtwork - good luck with it  J