Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-register Sure Signal

rjdbradbury
2: Seeker
After having problems with 'Call Failed' with my iPhone 4S and Sure Signal v2 (ser. 40113805770) I tried de-registering and re-registering it. Now I can't put my number back into it, when I try to add a new user I get the following message: Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form. Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits. You're already added this person to your Sure Signal. If you'd like to add someone else, please choose another person.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there rjbradbury,

The VSS is showing as de-registered at the moment.

Please re-register the VSS. There's no need to add your number as it'll already be registered as the owner :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Lee I've re-registered it now and I've still got the probelm I was trying to solve of 'Call Failed' every time I try to make a call. I've posted about this before and although it seemed to work for a while it's now not working at all. Details can be found here: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Call-Failed-error-when-making-calls/m-p/1566932#... Is there anything else I can try?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rjdbradbury,

Thanks for confirming. I can see the registration went through at 16:57 on the 31st July but it's yet to fully synchronise with our servers. I'm pushing a manual synchronisation through now.

As long as your firewalls aren't too aggressive, a reset of the unit will complete the action. Remember, it can take up to an hour for it to come back online following a reset. :Winking_smiley:

If you're still facing issues following this and your ISP have confirmed there are no issues, you'll need to send the unit off for a warranty repair

Cheers, Ben

rjdbradbury
Hi Ben I reset the unit and it worked perfectly for about 48 hours. Now every time I try to make a call I get the 'Call Failed' message. Should I assume that the SS is faulty and get a new one?

Hi rjbradbury,

If this is only happening when making calls it would indicate that it’s a setup problem with the Service Area Code (SAC).

If you get in touch with the team here, we can get this checked for you.

James