Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-sync Needed

arcturus
4: Newbie

Hi

Since changing the SIM in my phone ( a week ago), it will not connect to my SS.  The other phones in the house connect and work just fine through the SS.  I have tried a factory reset to no avail.

Please would you re-sync it.  S/N 40110548423

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just FYI, I'm currently doing the 'transfer ownership, deregister phone, reregister phone, transfer ownership back' dance to see if that sorts it.

I'll get back to you in a few hours.

Dave

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sounds like a resync is exactly what you need.

Sit tight one of the eForum team will be able to do this for you, they usually reply within a day or so.

Nabs

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi arcturus,

A location move had been detected, so I changed it to our postcode and then back to yours to fix.

I’ve also done a resync for you, so please complete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

1. Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  3. Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  4. The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi

Unfortunately I have to report that a resync and factory reset has not helped.  My shiny new Z2 with its shiny new SIM card will still not connect to my SS.  As before, the other phones in the house connect to it and work just fine so it is obviously not a connection issue.  This only affects me and is only a problem since swapping my S3 for a Z2.

What else can I try?

Dave Clarke

Just FYI, I'm currently doing the 'transfer ownership, deregister phone, reregister phone, transfer ownership back' dance to see if that sorts it.

I'll get back to you in a few hours.

Dave

I'm pleased to report that the procedure mentioned in my previous post has sorted the problem. :smileyvery-happy: