Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-sync or firmware push for VSS1 please

bernardw
4: Newbie
This is almost a repeat of a previous message I sent, which was successfully resolved, but after several months the symptoms have returned...

I have a Sure Signal 1 which is showing all the right lights, but is not offering any signal to the phones registered with it. I've tried the 'factory reset', but nothing has changed.

The previous problem was resolved after a manual firmware update push. I don't know if this is needed again, or whether a simple re-sync will fix the issue, but can can someone please arrange one or both for me please? (The VSS and router are left on 24x7 already.)

Serial #: 21197070945

Nothing on my broadband/router has changed from when it was all working a couple of days ago, but just in case here's the diagnostics:

Connection IP address - 80.229.150.193

Speedtest results - ping = 57ms, download = 5.70Mbps, upload = 0.37Mbps

I haven't bothered doing a traceroute as the three lights (1, 2 and 4) are on as they should be.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

bernardw
4: Newbie

Bump after a week with no change and still no phjone signal at home...

Can someone please force a re-sync as having no phone signal at home is causing real problems.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bernardw, 

Please accept our apologies your post was missed. 

I've done a resync for you, please do the following reset to complete the process;

1 - Hold the reset button until all 4 lights are solid. Don't let go of the button until step 4

2 - Remove the power cable then the LAN cable

3 - Insert ONLY the power cable

4 - When the lights flash 1, 2, 3 then 4, release the reset button and wait for the unit to boot.

5 - Insert the LAN cable and wait

Thanks, 

Kay