Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-sync please

nicknickster
2: Seeker

Hi there

I have 3 SureSignals in my house which normally all work fine.  Two are still working fine but one has stopped working - i just get the top flashing green light.  I know the internet connection is fine as the other two are working no problem.

I have done several resets (rest button for 30 seconds, remove power, reinsert power, release button) and waited a couple of days but to no avail.

Please could you try a resync.

It is S/N 21224334934

Thank-you!

nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi nicknickster,

Sounds like the swap just cleared something.

Glad to hear it's working!

Dave

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nicknickster,

I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you.

So that the resync completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

nicknickster
Hi there

Thanks for your help. I have done as you ask several times and now just get the top two lights on solid green - or sometimes the top one solid and the second one flagging slowly.

The bottom light with the tick hasn't come on at all.

Have you seen it trying to connect at your end?

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick,

It connect to the server this morning, can you let me know if you’re still having any trouble?

James

nicknickster
Hi there
No luck I am afraid.
I just went home for lunch and the top two lights are sold green but the bottom two are not illuminated.
Every now and then the second light flashes a few times then goes back to solid.
Any thoughts?

Nick

Hi nicknickster,

The other two Sure Signals shows the connection is reaching the server, but it may be a bandwidth issue. You'd need higher speeds for multiple Sure Signal units.

To see if this is the issue, switch off one or both of the working Sure Signals. If the affected Sure signal comes on, you'd need to speak with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to ask what has changed recently to restrict your speed.

If it still fails, try plugging this Sure Signal into the cable and router socket used by one which works to see what happens.

Dave

Hi there

Thanks for your reply but I don't think it is a bandwidth issue - I have a very reliable 10meg download and about 2meg upload speed - I am on ADSL2+ with an LLU line on a 21CN exchange and I am very close to it.  My ISP would throttle my speed down to half a meg once i have used up 50gig in a month which i never get near to.  All three SureSignals have worked together happily before.

I will try swapping the one that isn't working with one that is, using that cable this evening and let you know if that works.

Thanks for your help with this

regards

nick

nicknickster
Hi there
I have the SS that doesn't work in the kitchen at one end of the house and another of the same model in the snug at the opposite end of the house.
Today I swapped them over to get to rule out the ethernet cabling.
Totally bizarrely they both work perfectly now they are swapped over! Doesnt make any sense whatsoever but I am happy again.
Any thoughts?

Nick

Hi nicknickster,

Sounds like the swap just cleared something.

Glad to hear it's working!

Dave