Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Red light only on Sure Signal

nielo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
In the past, I have followed the excellent forum resources online and managed to find ways and means of getting our Sure Signal 3 up and working again after it has thrwn one of its tempremental fits! This time, however, I am completely stumped.

The nub of it is that I have a solid red light and no other.

Pertinent details are as follows:

Serial number: <contact me by email to receive this, I am not divulding it in a public forum>
Registered on: 14/08/2013

DOWNLOAD 0.91Mb/s
UPLOAD 0.36Mb/s
CARRIER 3/5 Stars BT
SERVER LONDON

Ping:
Packet loss: 0%
Ping: 34ms
Jitter: 5ms
Your grade: A

IP:
IP address: 86.154.209.24
IPV6 Address: ::ffff:569a:d118

Traceroute:

C:\>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1  General failure.

Trace complete.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer

Regards

'Nielo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved this problem on my own in the end, thanks to a blog I chanced across and a few tips from other users.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Well three days later and I have news, both good and bad. The good news is that, in prolonged discussions with BT, our broadband speed is back up to 4.219 Mbps. The bad news is that, despite several resets the Sure Signal remains showing a solid red and, now and again, a flashing Internet light.

Note that I did reveal in my opening post that we own a Sure Signal v3 so please can you now advise me wht to do next? PLEASE NOTE that the online guide to v3 DOES NOT offer a guide for a solid red light and a flashing Internet light so please do not suggest I visit that page again.

PLEASE can you help me sort this out?

I solved this problem on my own in the end, thanks to a blog I chanced across and a few tips from other users.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nielo,

I’m glad you managed to get this sorted.

James

Not half as glad as I am, James.

Nielo :smileyfrustrated: