Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Register Sure signal

tacha
3: Seeker
My sure signal would not recognise my new phone. I was advised to de register and then re register my sure signal.
Unfortunately, everytime I try to register I get a message saying the website is experiencing technical problems and to try later....... 2 weeks on and I'm still trying
Any ideas when this will be sorted? I rely on my phone with work and school and currently do not have a reliable signal. If I hadn't just renewed my contract I would look elsewhere, which is a shame as I have been with Vodafone nearly 20 years.
Many thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

tacha
When I spoke to a human, I was told they could not re register the ST for me it had to be done online. I thought this slightly strange but previous dealings with customer services did not leave me at all surprised.

I've tried telephone chats and live chats neither have helped in anyway.

I'm more annoyed with myself that I have just agreed to another 2 year contract rather than go elsewhere. I got my daughter a cheapie phone for emergencies via Tesco and their customer service was brilliant. We had some problems with an upgrade and they returned calls as promised and it was all sorted within a week.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
I agree not good.

I assume your not using an eligable phone for Calling over Wifi ?

When you say just signed up - is that longer than 14 days which is the cooling off period ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

tacha
Yes signed new contract at beginning of January.

BandOfBrothers

@tacha wrote:
Yes signed new contract at beginning of January.

Ok. So your past the cooling off period. 

What about wifi calling ?

Obviously I understand the primary concern is to get sure signal working. 

I assume apart from in your Home you recieve good signal and data speeds in order to sign up for another term. 

Current Phone  >

tacha
I have just realised I am now eligible for wifi calling since the upgrade and have registered.. this will take 24hrs to set up though!
At least it's something, still would like the original problem sorted.

Yes outside of the house I get perfect signal and high speed.

It's just disappointing that vodafone don't seemed bothered by it at all.

Thanks for all your advice 😊

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

I assume your using an iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone 6s. 

Or a Samsung Galaxy s6 or s6 Edge purchased directly from Vodafone. 

I agree and wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bobevans Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

@tacha I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

I'm happy to say that my device is now up and running; the solution, as a number of contributors have suggested elsewhere, is a new power supply.

After innumerable resets, reregistration, resync and much wasted time a shiny new 12v 1500ma power supply has breathed new life into my SS v1.

They are widely available online but do be a little wary of ultra cheap units as they can be of very poor quality and the device tends to be left on 24/7 so this is probably an occasion where a little more provenance is advisable.  (Failure modes tend to be catastrophic).

My thanks to those who have responded and posted helpful information but a big question mark still stands over the sometimes nonsensical and just plain inaccurate responses from live chat operators, (are they really human or just computerised response generators?), not to mention the ever pitiful website.

Over & out.