Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Register Sure signal

tacha
3: Seeker
My sure signal would not recognise my new phone. I was advised to de register and then re register my sure signal.
Unfortunately, everytime I try to register I get a message saying the website is experiencing technical problems and to try later....... 2 weeks on and I'm still trying
Any ideas when this will be sorted? I rely on my phone with work and school and currently do not have a reliable signal. If I hadn't just renewed my contract I would look elsewhere, which is a shame as I have been with Vodafone nearly 20 years.
Many thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Appreciate how frustrating it can be to have signal issues and then have issues with the device that's in place to improve it. 

I have read this in the forum. 

"Customer service support-> Call 03333 040 191 or 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 – straight to the Sure Signal team."

Or try Live Chat from a computer 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

tacha

For the last 6 weeks I have been trying to register my sure signal, as I live in a reasonably rural location and unless I stand in a particular point my signal is rubbish.

But for 6 weeks on a near daily basis I receive this message...

!Sorry- there seems to be a problem

Something went wrong, sorry, our techs are working hard to get it sorted - so please pop back later

Obviously vodafone need to emply some better techs, as 6 weeks is a joke! So if there are really good techs out there can you please advise vodafone how to sort it out!!

Even when you call and eventually get through to a human being, all you get told is, sorry I can' t do anything, try the website again later.

I am currently paying full price for a half hearted service.

I have been with vodfone for approx 16 years, and I have just renewed my contract for 2 more. You get nothing for loyalty to a company anymore.

Many Thanks

A very frustrated vodafone user - sorry not user as I HAVE NO SIGNAL, 

yours a very frustrated vodafone phone owner....

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I appreciate when signal is intermittent/ patchy. 

Regarding your Sure Signal..

I assume your using the new dashboard as described in http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/NEW-location-for-the-Vodafone-Sure-Signal-manage...

Has the Sure Signal worked ok before or is it a new or used one ?

I've also read on the forum "Customer service support-> Call 03333 040 191 or 191 then take option 2 three times and finally option 5 – straight to the Sure Signal team."

Current Phone  >

tacha

Tried all of the above, keep being told just to wait until the website problems are fixed. This has been going on for 6 weeks now...

By the time they have it sorted I will be out of contact and can go elsewhere

tacha
Hi

I have my sure signal for a few years and it has always worked fine. I moved house last year and it's been perfectly OK. The only thing which changed was upgrading to a new phone then it didn't work

Any ideas?

BandOfBrothers

When a person Upgrades to a new phone and that includes a sim swap to change SIM card sizes then it is recommend to unregister for 24 hours. Then re register.  As what must have been advised. 

If this was my situation I would ring them on a Weekday via the avenue I mentioned. 

Troubleshooting FAQs.

Current Phone  >

I too am having problems with my SS v1, (althouh my v3 works perfectly).

After trying to claim that my problem was just due to maintenance on the network, (he didn't realise i had another working device), someone on live chat claimed to have reregistered it for me yesterday but clearly did not as I got no confirmatory messages.   I deregistered it myself and then got told that the website had a problem as reported elsewhere on this thread and it couldn't be registerd.  The message says that the techs are working hard to fix it and I should "pop back a bit later".  

After running out of patience trying to communicate with Vodafone last night I started a live chat with the business account people, (who tend to me more available and proficient than the personal account types in my experience), and they successfully reregisterd the SS almost immediately.  However, it's still not connecting to my phones.

Here's the points:

Customers,

1.  Ignore the message that says all our advisors are busy, they're not, they're just waiting for the more lucrative business account queries.

2.  Ignore the advisors who tell you there's mantenance on the network or that they'll do something for you, they're just trying to fob you off with platitudes

Vodafone,

1.  I'm still trying to get my device working and the irritation of having a non-functioning device isn't helped when technical advisors give you duff information and Vodafone consistently treat personal customers like second class citizens.

2.  For a communications company your website, its accuracy and its availabilty is an embarrasment.

Another day, another live chat session.

I have now been told that despite the faulty SS showing as active it does not show up at Vodafone's end.   That has now been "fixed" and the device resynced - Let's wait & see,

Of more serious concern is that I was aked to provide my memorable word.  I changed it yesterday but the live chat advisor still had the old one.   What in heaven's name is the point of all this security if uodates are not processed properly?   Fortunately I only changed it to help me remember it not because it had become public.

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi tacha,

I fully sympathise with your problem, and I agree that this error has gone on far too long,

Unfortunately this is an account problem, and nobody on the forum has access to your account, 

You haven't said if you have tried Live chat, it's worth a try and they could help you  ........  http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm  

Just answer 2 simple account questions, then scroll to the bottom of the page, there you will find the Live Chat button.

You may have to wait a minute or so if they are busy.

Regards,

Mike.