cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Registration details disappeared from my account.

bxg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

One upon a time I had 2 sure signals devices in my house (an upstairs and a downstairs one) all working fine.   Then one find day about 3 months ago the upstairs one stopped working.  Vodafone support told me I could not have more than one on my interntet connection. (a BT fibre to cabinet fast connection).   Oh well I will just have to use the one downstairs, it fades a bit upstairs but hey ho it works.  (why it did work and then would not was not explained by support - all I could get was a repeated answer that it was not possible ??!!  and I presume they thought I must be telling porkies about it working before.)  Anyway back to just one downstairs SS plugged in.

Then, yesterday, for just one of my phones, it stopped connecting to the downstairs SS.  (the phone to which the SS was registed as the owner).    So I log on to my account and there is no SS registered whatsoever.  (Strange the other phoned that was assinged to the downstairs SS as users still connect ?)   I try to register the downstairs SS to the phone to where it was registed it but I get a message something like 'we have a problem' and it cannot be registered. 

So I check that my upstairs SS is still  registered (to a different number) and it is, though the phone to which the downstairs SS was registered is not on a s user to the upstars SS.   I add said phone number and plug in the SS.  All is working again...... until all the phones loose their connection, very similar to what happened 3 months ago. The SS just appeared to stop working.  So I switch off the upstairs SS and again I try to register the downstairs SS, but again it will not.  (no meaniful error - just 'we seem to have a problem ..... message.)  So I again go back to the upstairs SS and switch it on and all is working again  ... for now ... 3 hours so far.

If I can I would like to get some ideas on

1.  Is it true I cannot have more that one SS operating on one internet connection.   After all I did have a pair working from April to July time which gave be a great signal both upsatirs and downstairs.

2. Why would downstairs SS registration just disapear.

3. Why cannot I re-register my downstairs SS.  It was registered and and I was  attempted to registerer it to the same phone number as before ( a different vodafone telephone number to which th upstairs SS is registered as the owner.   Come on Vodafone what are you doing to me.

I would note that my downstairs SS is an original one, purchased many years ago when the SS first came out, but it was working fine until yesterday and then it still worked for guest phones, just not for the phone number that registed it.    I dont have much faith in the newer (April 2014) upstairs SS and it has stopped working at least twice and runns exceedingly hot.

Any expert opinion please.  Anyone still awake..... Anyone from Vodafone support going to give any support ???

Luv

BG

7 REPLIES 7

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BG,

While it's possible to run two Sure Signal units on one broadband connection, the system isn't designed to work in this way.

If you're able to assign different IP addresses to each Sure Signal (or use separate routers for each one) it can be done in theory.

However you'll be unable to 'hand over' calls between each one, so talking on the phone going upstairs from downstairs will mean the call fails.

If you'd like to give us your serial numbers for each device, we'll be happy to check the software this end. It's also worthwhile talking to your ISP to see if there's been any changes to your internet setup.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply.  For now I wont try to use 2 SureSignals as it appears they were not designed to have more than one on a network.  So far the newer Sure Signal has keep up the good work for over a week, so I'm not sure why it stopped working on a couple of occasions though it does run mighty hot.    I may play around with different IP addresses and even different routers as it would be good to be able to boost the signal in parts of the premised the newer SS does not reach, but I will leave this for a rainy afternoon.  (and right now its stopped raining :-))

However, if I wish to use my older SS box of course I cannot do so, at least with the number to which it was registered as the owner, as the registration details have disappeared from the account!   Other phone numbers that were assigned as 'users' by the registered owner still show the SS registration as a 'USER" in their account details, though the 'owner' field is left blank whereas before I'm sure is gave an owner name.    Before I switched back to my newer SS plug, these users were still happily getting a good SS boosted signal from the old SS.   Of course the phone number of the account where the old SS was registered no longer received a boost and thus I found it appeared that the SS registration was zapped.   I do wonder if it got zapped because I has 2 Sure Signals registered to the same postcode (though to different phone numbers and vodafone account logins). 

Whatever the following SS signal number 21197225366 was registered to AM00074504372 (Ill not give the account login username, PW or phone no. for obvious reasons)   If you could get if fixed, perhaps by removing this SS serial number completely so I can re-register it, or maybe making it appear in the account again so I can assign users etc. that would be great.

If you look at this account you can see that this user/phone is assigned as a USER to another SS (actually the newer SS plug), but this is not the SS number I mention above. This account should show the SS number mentioned above as the 'OWNER'.  It used to.

Note: if i try to register this SS all I get is Sorry - there seems to be a problem.  and nothing meaningful is communicated.  Also. I note then the 'find address button by the post code field does absolutely nothing. (no list of  addresses to pick)

Many thanks

BG

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bxg

I’ve sent you a private message here.

Please follow the steps from there, to send us your details securely.

We can then take the mobile number in question and test this.

Any other customer’s viewing this thread, please contact us here.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

when I put the info into your private message link I got the following auto resposne

We don’t use this email address anymore, so our advisers won’t get your message. Don’t worry, you can chat to an adviser online instead – they’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So did you get the info ??

Kind regard

BXG

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi bxg, 

You got that message as you didn't enter the requested code in the subject field.  

Let us know the reference number to the email and we'll take a look to see if we've received it.  Alternatively, please resend the email. 

Thanks, 

Phil

Hi,

the message that told me you no longer use the email had 

Re: As per forum [#8649489]

as the message subject.

I hope this enables you to locate the email.

Kind Regards

Bernard

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @bxg,

You've used the wrong subject, please resubmit the email using WRT165 only as the subject.

Thanks, 

Matt B