Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repeated text messages - "We still do not have any details"

stamike
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a replacement Sure Signal box.  I have registered it apparently successfully including entering the postcode for the location of the box.  When I received the first "We still do not have any details of the new location ..."  I enetered the postcode again.  I am still getting repeated "We still do not have any details" messages.  From other postings it seems it needs to be fixed at the Vodafone end.  The serial number of my box is 40112535154.

A maybe related question.  When my wife or daughter log in to their version of 'My Vodafone' the Sure Signal pages match the help files.  When I log in to My Vodafone I get some very different pages with things like 'Transfer Sure Signal to another user' missing.  Is this a related issue?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Try saving a different postcode into the details field. Leave it for a bit and then save the correct postcode - that can often clear the error.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p
Hi there

Try saving a different postcode into the details field. Leave it for a bit and then save the correct postcode - that can often clear the error.

PWIAC

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've just tried it and got the response

"Sorry – there seems to be a problem.  We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1032"

Looks like I'll have to try later.  I hope it is not just another symptom of the same problem.

drey_p
Try again later and, perhaps try registering it against another account. If that doesn't work, it may be an idea to call 191 and get them to check things out for you, and make sure all is okay on the account.

PWIAC

OK.  I've logged out of My Vodafone, waited a few minutes and logged in again.  It turns out that despite the panic message the changed postcode (for the not correct location) was in fact registered.

I have now changed the postcode back to the real location.  This time the web site accepted the changed name for the location but appeared not to take any notice of the changed postcode, instead showing the previous not correct post code.  Log out, log back in again and now it is showing the correct post code.

Now lets see if the "We still do not have any details" text messages stop.

Thanks for your help.

drey_p
Fingers crossed that it works. Please let us know if it works for you as this information can help others in a similar situation.

PWIAC

Ok, it's now a week since I changed my Sure Signal postcode to a wrong postcode and then changed it back to the correct one.  I was getting "We still do not have any details" messages every 3 days.  I have not had any of these messages since I changed the postcode twice.  It looks like it's a good workaround for the problem.  It's just a pity you have to jump through these hoops to overcome Vodafone faults.

Thanks for your help.

I’m sorry to hear this @stamike

So we can take a look at all the settings on the account for you, speak to Live help and we’ll make sure this is investigated.