Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement SIM - Can no longer connect to SureSignal

pmansfield
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a SureSignal at home and it is working absolutely fine. Both me and the wife use it as do a couple of relatives and generally speaking it does its job.

Yesterday I received a replacement Micro SIM for my own account. I went through the online process and using the form I requested that my number etc. be transferred to the replacement SIM.

I received two emails, one informing me the request had been received, the otehr detailing the request was completed and I'd know when it was switched as the old SIM would stop working.

So new SIM is working, I can confirm this as it connects to the very weak Vodafone signal in our area and I can make a call. However it will not connect to the SureSignal.

My wifes device is still working as expected, still connecting and she still has a full 3G singal from anywhere in the house.

The wife is using a Samsung Nexus.

Myself, I'm using an LG Nexus 5. I have tried moving the SIM into my old phone (an HTC One X) and that does the same - connects to weak Vodafone signal and not the SureSignal.

I have been unable to log into my account to 100% confirm that the number is still listed against my device - like the poster above (below now I guess) I get a "Sorry - we're making changes" when I try to check.

However I know I didn't remove it - would a SIM swap possibly remove a number from a SureSignal?

Is there anything else I can check? The basics being:

SureSignal working fine

Samsung Nexus connecting as it should

LG Nexus 5 with replacement SIM (number fully transferred) will not

HTC One X with same SIM as the LG Nexus inserted also will not

Cheers for any pointers.

OK, seperate from my request for help elsewhere :Smiling:

1 REPLY 1

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pmansfield

The new SIM will need to be activated on the Sure Signal, this is done by removing your number from the list and re-adding it.

If you're still having trouble with administration, contact the team here who can arrange this for you.

DaveCD