Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement SIM not working with any sure signal

mousecalledjerr
4: Newbie

I've had to get a replacement SIM card and now I'm unable to use any of the sure signals that I own or am added on, the one I'm just an administrator on i had the owner delete me then add me again and it worked for a few hours but its stopped working again yet everyone else can still use them.

The affected sure signals are 40112574187 (owner), 40110945702 (owner), 21196800706 (owner), 21224487385 (owner), 40120929845 (administrator)

Please can these be updated asap to reflect the new sim card and could a button be added to refresh sim card details to all sure signals as a few of the other users are about to get replacement sim cards and i dont want to have the problem with adding them all again.

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mousecalledjerr,

Please follow the steps below to resolve this:

• Remove the number from the Sure Signal
  • Reset the Sure Signal
  • Re-register the number on the Sure Signal
  • Reset the phone within range of the Sure Signal

You'll need to perform these steps, individually, on each of the Sure Signals.

Thanks,

Matt

I have tried those steps already on the only one that I'm not the owner of and it only worked for a few hours, its impossible for me to try this on the ones I'm the owner of as you can't delete your own number from ones you own.

If i have to go round to every location every time someone has a new sim is really impractical, is there anyway to make the sure signals work for all vodafone customers  as I'm happy to provide coverage for everyone at the locations.

Hi @mousecalledjerr 

The administrators on the Sure Signal’s will also need to action this also as if a SIM’s changed, it’ll need to be updated.

Sure Signal: 40120929845 (advised as administrator) is last showing as a connection on 09 February at 23:19, where the last action to add to the Sure Signal failed.

Please retry and perform the following reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

Thanks,

Sarah