Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement Sure Signal Not Working

JohnHarris
2: Seeker

hi I've just replaced a V3 SS that died on me (it was about 3 years old & is displayig no power light or anything so assume it's just died).

I purchased a replacemrnt, registered it, plugged it in & power light is lit but internet light just continues to flash. After a few hours it seems to give up & the power light also turns off. Router, cabling etc has not changed since my old one was plugged in so not sure what the problem is.

Any advice gratefully received 

12 REPLIES 12

JohnHarris

Serial no is 42164477632

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

May I ask have you De Registered from the first one ?

Which Router are you using?

Sure signal FAQs.

Sure Signal Troubleshooting Guide.

Please Note : If the Sure Signal displays ANY signs of internal failure / no lights then unplug it straightaway and contact Vodafone Customer Services. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

shoddybusiness
4: Newbie

I've got exactly the same problem. 

I replaced old iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 & tried to change registry on suresignal. Old blackberry still worked, but new iPhone 6 didn't. And still doesn't. I've spent MANY hours on LIVECHAT with no explanation. I even bought a new suresignal and that doesn't work either. It just flashes "setting up" or "can't access Vodafone". Also, website won't allow new users to be added.

Feedback is wholly unacceptable.

The solution, of course, is to provide a better signal. BTW, I live in central London.

Old serial no. 21196953414 . New serial no. 42164450118

I spoke with customer service last night who told me there is a problem with a lot of SS registered after 18th Nov - some are just not working due to a technical issue their end. They told me it would be resolved within 48 hours & in that time the SS should just begin to work. They've also offered me compensation for the loss of time without it.

Hopefully that might be the case for a lot of other people having similar issues 

48 hours, eh? Estimates given to me started at 24 hours last week, but have now reached 72 hours. Let's face it: they haven't a clue, have they? Either about what the problem is, how to fix it or how long it will take.

The UK's #1 Network: yeah!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JohnHarris @dfarman Our Technical team are aware of an issue that is affecting some new registrations.

They've found the route cause and are working on getting this fixed.

In the meantime, they've advised to keep your Vodafone Sure Signal device plugged in. As soon as the fix is in place, the box will be registered. 

dfarman
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Oh, the utter stupidity of Vodafone "customer service"! Someone has apparently texted me and left two voicemail messages regarding my complaint (see above). As the complaint related to my inability to access the Vodafone network, either directly or via Sure Signal, how do they expect me to receive texts or access voicemail? Why do they think I gave them a landline number? I thought EE customer service was poor, but they did at least employ the occasional sentient being.

Same old "route" cause. What is it? When will it be fixed?

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dfarman

The issue regarding your Sure Signal should now be resolved, we've identified the root cause and they should all now be working.

If your Sure Signal hasn't automatically refreshed, please deregister then re-register this and wait 24 hours for the settings to update.