Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement suresignal doesn't work

niknak6
4: Newbie

My replacement sure signal doesn't work - it's been plugged in for 24 hours, serial number 40114519487 - i have power light = red, the other two icon/lights are flashing..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niknak6
10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

did yuo look to see if 40114519487  is setup ok?.. I've beeing working with vodafone on this almost DAILY for a month now! 

As i said " i have power light = red, the other two icon/lights are flashing.." which isn't listed in you 'guide'

niknak6

wokring now

Hi niknak6

Excellent news! :Smiling: Please let us know if you need anything else and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

kdietz

After 2 or 3 years, my v1 Sure Signal stopped working; after lots of posts on another thread ("SS1 not working anymore") and lots of frustrating and pointless re-inventing the wheel suggestions that got me nowhere, I got really fed up and took it to the Vodafone shop, where they sent it away to be repaired or replaced. On Monday of this week, I got a replacement: a v2 (I think). On Monday night, I  registered and set it up - it looked good - I went to bed. On Tues morning I had no signal; in a live chat I was advised to wait 24 hours. On Weds morning I still had no signal (and no Wi-Fi on my iPhone either...); I received a text asking if I had moved the Sure Signal (???) and 2 live chats later, I was assured that there was an error and that it had been sorted and that all would be well. Today, I still have no signal. I rang and spoke to a really nice tech, who did something at his end and said to wait an hour and then stand near the SS and turn on Airplane Mode then turn it off and it would be sorted. Guess what? I still have no signal.

He also went to the trouble to send me an email which advised instructing my ISP to do all sorts of things to do with the router.

1. My ISP did not provide my router; they also do not do service for third-party devices.

2. My ISP has not changed.

3. My router has not changed.

4. My old Sure Signal box worked fine with the router and router settings.

What the hell is going on?

Why doesn't this just work?

It is bad enough that I and every Sure Signal Box user has to effectively pay twice - for the service, and for the Sure Signal box -  because Vodafone's coverage is inadequate; really, the Sure Signal units should be free of charge to those customers, like me, who can't get signal where we live.

If this is not resolved, I will have no choice but to leave - both my children are on my account - I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE, but this is not acceptable.

(And if anyone asks me to do another ping test...)

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kdietz,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry if you've struggled with your replacement. Can I ask if you de-registered your old Sure Signal account and registered a fresh one with your replacement?

Can I also ask for the make and model of router you're using to see if we can point you in the right direction for 3rd party support if you're not using an ISP supplied one. 

Sure Signal is provided as a solution for customers who are unable to get service in their area. Vodafone subsidise the majority of the cost and customers are able to purchase one to make up the difference. I'm afraid no one network can guarantee 100% coverage in the UK but this tool is a great way to expand our reach.

You can also check here to see if we're due to roll out more 3G, 3G+ or our new 4G coverage near you soon. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hello Ben, and thanks for responding.

As of an hour ago, it is working! (Yup - I just checked again - it is still working!)

What a ridiculously long, strange trip it's been...

Just for the record, in case it helps someone else:

- Yes; I de-registered my old Sure Signal and I registered my new one (but I didn't do it in that order, in case that is relevant...)

- My router is a NetGear Dual Band N  Wireless DGND3300

Good luck to all those customers with Sure Signal probs - may the service you receive be more joined-up and better, and may your process be smoother and resolved faster than mine has been.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kdietz,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it's working again now.

If it ever happens again an you're using the same equipment, feel free to update this thread so we can work with the details you've already provided. That'll save you having to start from scratch again should you ever need us.  :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben