Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Request for re-sync of Sure Signal

MarcLister
4: Newbie

I would like to request a re-sync of my Sure Signal device. I haven't used it for over 3 months so I think it needs a re-sync from Vodafone's end to get it work.

The serial number of my device is: 21229079526.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MarcLister,

Could you try to deregister via My Account and then set the device up from scratch for me? I'm trying to figure out what would cause this issue since you did the swap. Let me know when you've done this so I can look at it this end again from fresh.

Cheers, Ben

View solution in original position

42 REPLIES 42

Hi Sukhi,

My home Sure Signal device's serial number is 21197146349.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MarcLister,

I've pushed a manual synchronisation down to 21197146349 for you. Just complete it by performing a reset and allow 1-2 hours for the unit to come back online. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for doing that. :Smiling: I'll reset it now.

I've tried 2 resets of the device this afternoon to no avail and have just tried another one. All I seem to get is a very basic connection to Vodafone but with absolutely no signal at all. My phone switches between this and no connection at all. This is very frustrating considering my home device was working fine before I swapped it with my work device.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MarcLister,

Could you try to deregister via My Account and then set the device up from scratch for me? I'm trying to figure out what would cause this issue since you did the swap. Let me know when you've done this so I can look at it this end again from fresh.

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

I've just de-registered it and re-registered it. Let's hope this works! :smileyhappy:

Ben,

I've done at least two resets since you asked me to re-register the device with no luck. I get the occasional period of being connected to the Vodafone network but, as before, with no actual signal.

I tried another reset last night but I also tried removing the network cable at the same time and only plugged that back in once the 4 lights had flashed through in sequence. I woke up this morning to see that I now have 4 bars of signal on my Nexus 4! Classic timing as I'm expecting to take delivery of a Nexus 5 early next week. :Laughing_Face:

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MarcLister

That's great! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sukhi

Aaargh! It's happened again. How sensitive are these things? :smileytongue: I moved the switch my device is plugged into just a bit to plug in my new Xbox One and I've lost all reception at home since Friday evening. I've done several resets since then.

Any chance of another re-sync from your end?