Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reset Sure Signal 3

PhilNT
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Please could you reset VSS 42141215360 as I have had to have a new sim card in a replacemant phone 

Thanks

Phil

21 REPLIES 21

Badger-Man
4: Newbie
Same for me too please new phone new sim no phone signal reset didn't work! Works on other numbers still.

VSS number 42141230088.

Thanks.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PhilNT and @Badger-Man

I’ve reset your Sure Signals today. Please perform a factory reset as follows, to complete this:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for that, the SS is reset, will let you know what happens.

BM

Sure Signal back up, the other phones have a 3G signal, nothing on my new iPhone 6.

So it didn't work I'm afraid :Sad_face:

Badger-Man
Nothing?

Guess if the easy answer doesn't work the first line support is stumped?!!

just a daily bump to say that my new Vodafone phone isn't getting a Vodafone signal from my existing Vodafone Sure Signal....

Did I mention that it was from Vodafone 😛

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Badger-Man

You may need to also reset your router too. This is sometimes needed if you've had a replacement SIM.

If you need speedier support in future, please come and chat to us on Live help.

You can find out more about eForum timescales and how we work posts, in our Community Guide.

Thanks,

Ben

Badger-Man
Hi Ben,

Router reset as requested. Didn't make any difference which isn't really surprising as the other phones on the Sure Signal are getting a 3G signal, indicating that it isn't a port issue.

I hadn't said, but the phone works correctly in an area that has a signal, so it can't be to do with the handset.

Any other suggestions?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Badger-Man

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We need you to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal. 

If this is the 'owner' then you'll need to deregister it, wait 24 hours and then re-register it. 

Thanks, 

Amanda