Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Resync needed please

vjwhistler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

My iphone 4 is not getting any help from my SS, serial no is 21223473303. Have performed all suggested re-sets. Can you re-synch please.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi vjwhistler,

Thanks for posting. I've pushed a manual resync through for you. To complete it can you:

1) Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
2) Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
3) Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour. If you're still not seeing a connection can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Cheers, Ben

Hi

Am still getting very poor signal.

Ran Speed test

Download 10Mbps

Upload 1 Mbps

BT Hub running on Business Broadband Fibre

Ran tracert- results as follows:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1   538 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  BTHUB3 [192.168.1.254]   2    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  217.32.145.132   3    42 ms    48 ms    17 ms  217.32.145.174   4    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  213.120.156.130   5    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  217.41.168.63   6    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  217.41.168.107   7    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  acc1-10GigE-0-1-0-5.l-far.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109. 59.249.82]   8    25 ms    23 ms    23 ms  core2-te0-0-0-7.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [109.159. 49.7]   9    19 ms    19 ms    18 ms  peer1-xe8-0-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159. 54.175]  10    23 ms    23 ms    22 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]  11    23 ms    20 ms    20 ms  85.205.116.14  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Have looked at Hub Admin but not made any changes to the settings.

Please advise what else I can try.

Thanks

Hi vjwhistler,  

Thanks for the information you’ve given.

Everything looks fine with your speed test and traceroute.

I’ve checked your serial number and can see that a Location Move has been detected. This can be caused by changes made by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or firmware updates they’ve sent to your router.

I’ve changed the postcode to a different one and then back to the original.

To make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, I’ve just performed a resync for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on and if it doesn’t help, can you post back and let me know what lights are showing on your unit?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi

I have carried out the reset as requested, waited for the unit to come back on line then tried the phone. It still appears not to make any difference to the signal strength.

The SS is showing the top two lights and the bottom light as constantly on. 

What next?

Hi vjwhistler,

Can you confirm which Home Hub you are using as it sounds like you could be affected by this issue?

James

Hi

It is a BT Hub 3

Hi vjwhistler,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you try another reset but with a slight difference?

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held down, remove the power cable and the Ethernet cable then re-insert the power lead

Once all the lights display, release the reset button and reinsert the Ethernet cable.

The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

We have seen this slight change in reset resolve a number of other customers problems.

James

Hi

I have ran the amended reset procedure a couple of times,waited for over an hour, but am still not seeing any improvement in signal strength on the iphone. When trying the phone (standing next to the SS) the 3rd light (phone icon) flashes on and off. I'm not sure it this has any relevance ?

The second phone registered to this unit is showing full signal, does this indicate a problem with the iphone?

Please advise

Thanks 

Hi vjwhistler, 

If the other phone on the account has full signal and is using the Sure Signal perfectly fine then it would suggest the issue lies with your phone. 

Can you log into the Sure Signal dashboard and deregister your number? Leave it for 24 hours and then re-register to see if this helps. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Kay