Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Resync

Pallance
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good morning, having read all the articles, i have arrived at the fact I need a resync for VSS unit 40112898172 please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Pallance,

I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you however, if this doesn’t resolve you issue please can you let us know exactly what issue you are experiencing and we will be able to advise you further.

James

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi B_e_n,

After merging those threads earlier, I can see we're now looking to help both here and on this thread.

I've responded to you over there, so I'll add a link to this thread for the info you've provided, but can you respond to that one from hereon out, just to stop our efforts being duplicated or conflicting.

I won't close this one in case MosherManPhil, for example, still needs help.

Dave

Resync required for my sure signal but awkwardly I can't seem to paste.the serial 😕

And v2 40121044230

Cheers

Bump, no signal for 20 hours now.....

Good Evening Jamie, 

I’ve just resynced your device for you so, to make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

- Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
- Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
- Once all lights display release the reset button.
- The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know if there is anything else at all. 

Kay

Hi, can you resync, as upgraded to iphone 5?

Serial Number * 21221068451

Status active

Date of registration 05/02/2010 19:44:19

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marbleheadj1

Thanks for your post!

We’ve resynced this for you today so please complete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks,

Jenny

Phil thanks but I am afraid that this has not worked at all even after resync at your end and a reset on mine.  I am not often at this location - but when I am it is critical that the SS works and I have had absolutely no joy. Can you please check that all is well at your end after the Resync? Is there a time limit between Resync and Reset? If so could you please reset one Friday (for the next few weeks I will only be at this location at weekends? Please let me know.

Hi economix,

I’ve checked the VSS for you and can see that it still hasn’t updated on the server since 26/10/2012 despite it being deregistered and re-registered.

So we can get a clearer understanding of what is now happening with your unit please can you tell me the following information;

What light sequence are you now seeing?

Is the Sure Signal left switched on when you are not at this location?

Do the other users have any issues with the Sure Signal?

Are you able to try or arrange for someone to try the Sure Signal on a different internet connection?

Are you still using the same Sure Signal (40113600429)?

James