Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Return

pete_adshead
2: Seeker

Hello,

I ordered a sure signal thinking i'd need it but i dont; I contacted Vodafone before it had shipped to say "i dont need it , please cancel" and was told it had been done. Being the natural sceptic of having dealt with Vodafone web orders before, I confirmed the cancellation the next day with someone who said "it hadnt been cancelled but now it has - trust me". Obviously the device arrived. so much for trust

I've since tried another 3 times to return the device by calling 191, using live chat, and doing everything short of turning up to Newbury and sticking it somewhere unpleasant. All unsuccessfully. Most recently i was promised a pick-up slot from DPD today who never showed inspite of the confirmation call i received from Vodafone Customer Services confirming the slot.

Given I have tried 5 times to cancel this order starting from before the order even shipped until today, I've contacted my credit card company and told them the transaction is not authorised. I really would like to return your device to you but it seems your order management system is incapable of handling returns. I'll keep it safely unopened in case you want it back for the next 14 days and then i'll assume you dont want it. If you want to contact me lookup my contact details for order WEB-0217629555.

So far I've wasted more than 3hours of hold-time and dealing with very personable and well trained customer support staff who are as clueless as I am as to why the Vodafone order systems are inadequate and cant send me a return envelope or a courier or do something that means i can return the order to you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @pete_adshead

Once an order is raised a person has approximately 1 hour to cancel. After that it has to be delivered and then sent back or refused when being delivered. 

Its something Live Chat or Customer service should be able to arrange. A Returns bag so I'm at a loss why this hasn't been achieved yet. 

Customer services wouldn't see your post here or be able to see who you are as your credentials here are different from your myvodafone account. 

That said This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Hi @pete_adshead

Once an order is raised a person has approximately 1 hour to cancel. After that it has to be delivered and then sent back or refused when being delivered. 

Its something Live Chat or Customer service should be able to arrange. A Returns bag so I'm at a loss why this hasn't been achieved yet. 

Customer services wouldn't see your post here or be able to see who you are as your credentials here are different from your myvodafone account. 

That said This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Current Phone  >

pete_adshead
Unfortunately refusal wasn't an option as it was left in a "safe place" unsigned for. I've no idea why support can't help either - it's not like they didn't try (or at least say they'd try).

Hopefully the techs who monitor this forum can cross reference the order number and do some magic.

Hi

Look up Distant Selling in the Consumer Rights Act 2015...

They have to take it back and don't forget, you don't have to pay the return postage...

Phone 'em and tell 'em you dont want it... simples

(FULL refund inc postage)

And if they don't play... TRADING STANDARDS on 0345 4040506

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I'm not seeing anything in the Op's post where Vodafone have refused their request. The issue being the apparent difficulty in getting a Returns Bag sent out being the problem.

I'm unsure why the "The Consumer Contracts Regulations" (The Distance Selling Regulations no longer apply in UK law) would be relevant in this particular situation. consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulation.

Current Phone  >

correct, the refusal has been because of assumed system limitations rather than obstinence.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pete_adshead Were you able to get in touch and get this sorted?

@pete_adshead wrote:
Unfortunately refusal wasn't an option as it was left in a "safe place" unsigned for. I've no idea why support can't help either - it's not like they didn't try (or at least say they'd try).

Hopefully the techs who monitor this forum can cross reference the order number and do some magic.

Ah I see. 

If this was my situation I'd ring the Complaints number [Removed by admin]l.

Ask if you can have permission to drop the unit off at your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store if convenient to you. And if they allow this as normally anything ordered via online usually has to go back via the Bag. I'm just trying to think outside the box to help you. 

I'm sure they want their hardware back as much as you want it out of your possession.

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Current Phone  >

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pete_adshead I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Once you've got in touch, we'll get this sorted for you. 

pete_adshead
Yes thanks