Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SE20 - London

robbielockie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Guys! I live in Zone 3 in London. I have a terrible signal in most of the house, calls dropping, etc.

I called customer service to be told it costs £100

When I was with THREE they offered them free of charge, which should be standard across all networks. If I am paying for a service I expect the company to do everything they can to make sure I get a good signal, especially if I live in the middle of FIVE transmitters.

How do I get a sure signal without shelling out £100?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@robbielockie wrote:

do you work for Vodafone? 

So the answer is to go to Three if I want a better service then.

No of course I don't - a customer just like you.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/assets/vfcon059242.pdf

This press release will interest you

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

Imagine a world where companies didnt feel the need to "lock" people down with contracts.

Companies would have an incentive to provide a good service.

Maybe Vodafone could spend some of the billions its makes in profits and put up stronger base stations.

I live in South London, I dont live in the Shetland Islands.

Same goes for anyone, if you provide a service and its good your customers will stay, if its bad, and the service quality is poor, why should a customer keep having to pay for a sub par service.

If the service is sub par, then make the subscription charge sub par, or reduce it on a sliding scale based on the quality of the service.

6 months left of this damn contract, cant wait to leave it. I have lost so many calls and am missing out on business becuase of it.

Vodafone customer service, conveniently tells me 'oh there is a network distributor problem' each time I call to try to get this resolved.

THREE provide free Femtocells, so should Vodafone, I resent having to pay for it.

Its a Joke.

jeffkinn

Imagine a world in which customers could walk away from long term financial contracts penalty free because they wanted to. Prices would sky rocket for all of us, services would be largely restricted and millions would be unable to get a contract at all.

Three is owned by a Chinese parent that doesn't have the same economic realities as a UK public company - you can't compare the two companies.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

@robbielockie wrote:

No of course I don't - a customer just like you.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/assets/vfcon059242.pdf

This press release will interest you

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

why dont customer service people tell their customers about this. This will solve all the issues.

In your house you should not bother with base stations Radio waves are just too easily distrubted by walls and trees.

thanks for sharing! 

better get back to minining dilithium on mars,  I mean working. lol

jeffkinn

Make it so Mr. Crusher

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Vodafone was the leader in the UK many years ago. Now they no longer innovate.

This is innovation. 
http://www.three.co.uk/discover/three_intouch

They should be spending money and research time develloping ways to make sure customers get good service in the home, be that on wifi, bluetooth, mifi, femtocell.

What ever that may be.

I think its just lazy for companies to say, oh well its a black spot, deal with it.

I am paying top dollar for a service that no longer doesnt work half the time, my data is capped and limited each month.