Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SE20 - London

robbielockie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Guys! I live in Zone 3 in London. I have a terrible signal in most of the house, calls dropping, etc.

I called customer service to be told it costs £100

When I was with THREE they offered them free of charge, which should be standard across all networks. If I am paying for a service I expect the company to do everything they can to make sure I get a good signal, especially if I live in the middle of FIVE transmitters.

How do I get a sure signal without shelling out £100?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@robbielockie wrote:

do you work for Vodafone? 

So the answer is to go to Three if I want a better service then.

No of course I don't - a customer just like you.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/assets/vfcon059242.pdf

This press release will interest you

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

What Three do should not be used as a bench mark for any other networks as they have huge financial backing and cash is literally thrown at Three. 

That aside, i'm afraid that you won't be able to get a Sure Signal for free as Vodafone are already supplying them at a discounted price. 

PWIAC

As a small business £100 is a lot of money. I work from home and my phone hardly works, and drops most calls. I live in ZONE 3 in London, I should not need a PoorSignal Box..... 

drey_p

Hi again

Please go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

I already did that but here it is again:

1). Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Most of our area is terribly patchy, in my home the singal is usualy only 1 bar or two bars. In central london I get full reception. 

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the forum, add it to your profile here.

SE20 

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, tried in different phones,  I get the same issue, its not a problem with my handset. 

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Network Updates Board?

I searched SE20 but couldnt find any, I couldnt add a new message either. 

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network".

This happens to ALL. 

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, just no connection, 2 - 1 bars, slow internet, dropped calls

7) When did you first notice this issue?

From the first moment I got the phone, had it for 4 months now. 

😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent (if intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs)?

All day every day, it isi permanent. Terrible reception. I have to go out the house and up the street to get a decent signal. 

Hi robbielockie,

From what I can see everything looks fine with all of you local sites.

Do you get a slow connection and dropped calls in other areas or is it just around your home?

What phone are you using?

Did you get a new SIM with the new phone?

Do you notice this is worse during the day or at any particular time?

James

Helllo James, 

I only get this problem at home.

dropped calls mostly. 

I am on a Galaxy S4, yes it was a new SIM and New phone.

It is any time of day or night in my office.

Robbie 

Hi robbielockie,

So we can take a closer look at site 7844, please contact the team here.

James

a year later and this is still no better then when I first had the issue, no single, dropped calls.

And when you call Customer service they say, oh there is a network distributor issue.

Or buy £100 sure signal.

How do I submit a complaints and be released from my contract early.

Robbie 

jeffkinn

The simple truth is that you won't be able to get out of the contract early. No mobile network can guarantee a signal in a specific area and once you're out of the cooling off period you're locked in.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png