Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Change, No Connectivity, De-registered cannot Re-Register

sebcraft
4: Newbie

I have recently upgraded my phone and installed a new Sim with the same number. The Sure signal was working for other registered phones in the house. My new phone would not connect, or calls were dropping when connected.

I followed the instructions here: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/PLease-rsync-my-sure-signal/td-p/1443902 

Now i can't register my Suresignal - I get the dreaded error: "Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form. Sorry - we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue. Please try again later."

My SN is 40121020107

Please can you help reset, resync or whatever is needed to get this working again.

Many thanks,

Seb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Andrew,

Thank you for calling me today. I reset the SS as suggested and rebooted both phones. Good news, both phones are now connecting and making calls.

It looks like the resync has sorted the problem out.

Thank you for resolving the issue.

Seb

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

JennyB

Seb, do not hold your breath for a quick solution here, i think they have all gone for a bath after there happy meals. #Useless 

sebcraft

I have been in touch with Support with no resolution, they told me that they have registered my SS and to wait 1hr for the changes to be applied - no SS is registered against my account and i still get the same error.

Tech Team - can someone look into this for me? is anyone listening, i've not had a response?

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thanks for the reply Matt.

Just to confirm there were no problems with my SureSignal for all other users before i de-registered, the sure signal has been working 100% until then. The reason why i deregistered the SS was to resolvle an issue with a new SIM.

Please can you investigate why i am not able to Register my SureSignal?

Hi sebcraft,

The current Sure Signal isn’t registered so you shouldn’t have any problems.

Can I ask at what point do you get the error message?

However, so that we can get this manually registered for you I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to get this all sorted for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Hi James, I've filed you the email form with the information you need.

Here's what happens when I fill out the Register Sure Signal Form:

1. Enter PostCode (as in email), Click Next and Next

2. Enter Serial Number: 40121020107

Name: SureSignal

Floor: 1

Accept T&Cs

3. Click Add Users or Submit Without Adding Users

4. Error:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry - we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue. Please try again later.

I confirmed with the Support Person via a call earlier and they receieved the same error message.

Seb

I meant to say, that i had exactly the same problem when i originally set up the SureSignal after i bought it.

I can't say how the support person resolved it then.

Hi sebcraft

Thanks for your reply. It's strange how you experienced this the first time around and then you're getting the same error again. 

We'll be able to get it registered for you. As long as you've emailed us with details as requested in James' PM we'll get it sorted.

Thanks

Simon

I've followed the steps outlined in the email sent to me and i'm getting the same error.

The steps I followed were:

1. Reset the SureSignal

2. Unplug from the network

3. Wait 24+ hrs

4. Reset the SureSignal

5. Plug into the network

6. Wait 1 hr for SS to register

7. Confirmed the SS Lights are on, not flashing

8. Tried to register the SS.

Please could someone look into the problem at a deeper level, there seems to be a problem that won't be fixed by hard/soft resets.