Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM change now no Sure Signal

RichM
3: Seeker
Hi,

I common with many people here I have lost connectivity now that I have changed my SIM card (iPhone 4s to 5s).

My sure signal serial number is 21196951434 and I have reset countless times plus removed, re-added users plus deregistered and re-registered the box ... Has been a problem for the last couple of days so not the 2hr delay thing.

Help?? Can you guys reset the unit? Or check why I cannot connect??

Thanks!

Richard.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RichM,

Your Sure Signal connected to our servers last night at 8:17pm, is everything now working?

I’ve also noticed that you’re on an older version of firmware.

I’ve requested that the latest one be pushed out to you.

This process normally takes 24 hours so, during this time, don’t unplug or reset your unit.

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

RichM
Should have added that all lights are showing normally and other phones are continuing to connect fine - it's just the new one with the sim changed that refuses to see the signal. Cheers!

After transferring the VSS to a different one of my phone accounts and de-registering and re-registering the unit, no phones can see the signal. The box continues to reset fine and connect with the right 3 lights but now no phones are able to connect (previously 2 out of 3 were working) ... Hmmm fiddling seems to be making it worse .. Is there a re-sync or some such that can be done at your end .... ??

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RichM,

I've completed a resync of the Sure Signal from this end.

Let us know if this fixes the problem you've been facing.

Thanks,

Matt B

Thanks. Nothing yet - do I need to do another reset this end or just wait?

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RichM,

Your Sure Signal connected to our servers last night at 8:17pm, is everything now working?

I’ve also noticed that you’re on an older version of firmware.

I’ve requested that the latest one be pushed out to you.

This process normally takes 24 hours so, during this time, don’t unplug or reset your unit.

Cheers,

Andy

RichM
My Sure Signal continues to connect and show the 1, 2 and 4 lights but none of my devices can see it still. So no change. I'll hang on and wait for this firmware update then ... Really puzzled why this is so hard - sure if your router or network settings prevent a connection through the right ports etc but mine has been fine but had a number of random periods of odd behaviour ... Really want to get this working as no home usage is pretty much a deal breaker for me :Sad_face:

Will continue to wait - how will I know when the firmware update has happened? Should I just leave it alone now and try not to fiddle?? In the past continuous and random fiddling has brought it back to life but might be a coincidence I suppose - a rain dance may have had the same effect :Smiling:

Fingers remain crossed 😕

Richard.

Okay so 3G came back to the primary phone for about 10 mins just now so some progress. It has now stopped again although I am getting some 3rd light action on the unit - is this the update coming down?? Or just the box attempting to communicate with my devices? Maybe I'm being overly positive but the sentient life form that is the VSS box seems to be slowly waking ....

Now 4th light gone off - so just lights 1 and 2 solid ... So back to nothing working. Is this part of update or does it need to be reset at my end?? It had been working earlier and now not again .... The black magic continues ...

RichM
After reading that the update forces a reboot that doesn't always work, I've done a quick reset and all lights flash as before whilst it tries to connect but now the final (4th) light flashes but then stays off. What's wrong now do you think??