Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS V3 not connecting after power outage

darzon_1970
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have a very strange problem with my SS V3.

It's been working fine for a number of months now, but recently we had a power outage and the box is failing to reconnect.

This has happened before and I solved the problem by temporarily connecting an old modem/router to my ISP, connecting the SS and allowing it to fully connect. Then, I replaced the original modem/router - again the SS reconnected fine.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't have a spare router here, so I took the SS round to my parent's house and tried connecting from there. This worked fine, so I know the SS unit itself is fine and has not been damaged by the Power outage.

All other devices on my network are operating fine, so Internet up and running fully etc. etc. etc.

I have tried resetting the SS several times to no avail.

I have also tried changing the WAN MAC address on the router (to attempt to spoof being a different router)

Logic dictates this is something to do with my Router or ISP, but I have seen similar postings on the forum that required intervention from Vodafone to get things working again.

Ironically, I can't phone 191 for telephone support because errrrmmmm I have no signal!!!!!

SS Serial number is 40130621671

Router is Netgear DGND3700V2 with Firmware V1.1.00.15_1.00.15 (this includes the UPnP fix that SS needs to function)...

Shold also add I have tried the usual (replacement Ethernet cable, different switch port)

Power light is solid, left hand status light flashing, other 2 lights off

Any help appreciated

19 REPLIES 19

Hiya,

Another power failure here and my VSS has not recovered after 48 hours.

I have done the usual things as per troubleshooting guide -

Can someone please do a resynch for me from the vodafone end - Serial number is  40130621671

Many thanks.

Darren

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi darzon_1970,

I've resynced your Sure Signal as requested, please perform a factory re-set to complete the process.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi there,

I am seeing similar issues again - this time since last week. I am a plusnet customer and I believe there were issues recently with this ISP that stopped SSs from working.

Finally, I can get the SureSignal to connect (2 solid lights), but both phones (SIMS and phones have not been upgraded) report "Not registered  on network". This is different from the message received when the phone is out of range of any network, so I know it is connecting via the SS.

I have tried a factory reset. Could you try a resynch from your end please?

Thanks

Darren

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darzon_1970 

I can see that there's been a recent change location, this may be due to a small change made by the ISP.

I've updated this and resynced your Sure Signal.

Please reset the Sure Signal by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

Still no luck I'm afraid - The change of location you saw was me trying to connect the SS at my parents house as this sometimes solves the problem.

However, on this occasion, it hasn't helped.

The SS connected (Power, Internet and In Service Lights Solid), but the In Use light did not flash or stay solid when I attempted to make a call.

The phones (Both Galaxy S4s) report 'Not Registered on Network' when trying to make a call. They work fine when they have coverage from a standard mast,

I attempted the following:

1. Removing one of the phones from the allowed users list and re-adding it - did not work

2. Powered off one of the phones, removed battery and SIM for 10 minutes. Did not work

3. Unregistering the SS with the intention of re-registering it. Now when I attempt to re-register, the webpage says

Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.

Can you suggest next action please?

Hi @darzom_1970

Please try clearing your cache, cookies and try from another browser.

If this is still causing issues, get in touch with our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

I've already tried all that you suggested:

Tried IE and Chrome on my home PC

Tried a different version of IE from my work PC

Even tried from the browser on my phone - which involved a 10 mile trip to sit in the middle of a car park where there was some reception.

I am afraid from past experience, the telephone support for SureSignal is somewhat 'lacking in effectiveness' (I could be a little more blunt, but I don't want to cause offence). During a previous problem, I spent over 2 hours on the phone who then ended up pointing me to this forum because this was the most effective way to resolve issues.

Is it possible please for someone on this forum to arrange for someone with the appropriate knowledge to contact me? Failing that, my next option is to visit my 'local' vodafone store during a very busy period and make a LOT of noise in there......

And then contact one of your competitors and talk to them about moving my custom to them.

Hi @darzon_1970,

Can you confirm your Sure Signal serial number? The one from earlier in the thread is showing as deregistered.

Thanks,

Kay 

Hi Kay,

It's 40130621671

Please see the above comment - I de-registered it in an attempt to get it working after my latest spate of problems.

Now when I try to re-register, I get the "Sorry. Something went wrong we are working on the problem" message I posted earlier.

I have tried from 4 different PCs and 3 different browsers

darzon_1970

Folks,

Can anyone help please?

I am receiving regular reminders about confirming the address of my SS (triggered my connecting it from a different location to check it was not faulty).  I have confirmed the location, but I assume because it's not getting a connection, the vodafone system is not picking it up.

I have provided the requested info in my last post. Is there anything else that is needed?

Do I need to open a new thread to get this looked at?