Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS not connecting to phones

jladbury
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My wife and I recently switched to new Nexus 5 phones. When using them, the SS 'In Use' light does not come on. I have reset the device: still the same. I have changed ownership to my wife, deleted and re-added my phone, changed ownership back to me, deleted and re-added my phone. Reset the device again (by 'reset' I mean switch it off and than back on). Still the device does not show 'In Use' when making a call.

Serial number: 40132728490

3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jladbury 

If you've had a new SIM with each handset, you'll need to remove these from the Sure Signal administration, reset the Sure Signal as well as the phones and then add them back on.

When a SIM is changed, the Sure Signal needs to recognise the new details in order for it to function.

DaveCD

Dave,

As per my original post, that is exactly what I have done, without success.

Unable to try it again for now as the SS is now in Power - flashing, Internet - off, In Service - orange, In Use - orange state, along with many others it would seem. But that is another story. . . . What do you recommend when the latter problem has been sorted?

Hi @jladbury,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B