Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS v2 Not working - 2 white slow flashing lights

gordmax
3: Seeker

Hello. We've not used the SS2 you sent us for some time as our normal mast has been working for over a year, however now it isn't (EH26, Penicuik). Trying to use the SS now however not working.

Tried a reset twice and waited but no joy. It's attached to my wife's VF account and said 'active' on there yesterday (although right this minute the VF website says "there appears to be a problem" when we try to view SS info on account?). Our router and ISP haven't changed since this was working some time ago. 

Template completed below. Thanks for any help you can give us. 

Regards, Gordon

What light sequence you're seeing: Solid Red LED, both white slowly flashing in sync (after a 30 sec reset press). Waited almost 2 days, tried reset again, now 24hrs+ 

Your speed test results from here. 19Mbps down, 1.1Mbps up

Your external IP address from here. 84.92.127.103

Your Sure Signal serial number: 40120105495

The results of a traceroute.

1 3 ms 1 ms 2 ms 192.168.254.254
2 31 ms 37 ms 38 ms lo0.13.Central14.ptn-bng02.plus.net [195.166.130.194]
3 38 ms 55 ms 29 ms irb.14.ptw-cr01.plus.net [84.93.249.65]
4 44 ms 56 ms 49 ms 195.99.126.138
5 49 ms 67 ms 66 ms core1-te0-0-0-10.ilford.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.254.121]
6 62 ms 73 ms 77 ms peer6-te0-10-0-14.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.254.148]
7 38 ms 29 ms 28 ms t2c3-et-3-3-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.238]
8 38 ms 65 ms 64 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
9 * * * Request timed out.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @gordmax

From the troubleshooting guide My-sure-signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

"How long has it been since you last used your Vodafone Sure Signal?

Not for the last three months: We may have put a bar on it. You can remove this bar by calling us free on 191 from your Vodafone mobile.
Not for the last 12 months: Your device may be fully de-registered. Contact us if you’d like to reactivate your account. Find out more in our Ts&Cs.
If you use your box regularly, we suggest you try resetting your Sure Signal:"

Further help Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting.

Also. 

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

gordmax
Thanks again bandofbrothers. I've followed most of the suggestions already except still trying to find an alternative psu.

I'd seen other SS issues on here where VF support seem to have reactivated SS boxes or sent a reset signal or whatever on the back of a post. My wife is going to call 191 though (when she's somewhere she can actually get a signal).

Cheers
Gordon.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gordmax

I've just checked and can see your Sure Signal hasn't contacted us for some time. To help ressolve this, I've requested a resynchronisation for you.This process can take upto 6 hours. Once it's completed restart all your registered devices whilst in range of the Sure Signal.

Your problem may be caused by a faulty Ethernet cable. Connect the Sure Signal using a different ethernet cable.

If the cable isn’t faulty we’ll need to refresh the connection between your Router and your Sure Signal. Power it down and remove from your router, power down your router and leave this switched off for 10 minutes. Restart your router, once it’s reconnected to the internet reconnect and restart your Sure Signal.

If this doesn’t resolve your connection problems, try connecting the Sure Signal in a different location. When you’ve regained a connection try it at home again.

If you’re still unable to connect when you’ve done this please contact us and we’ll look further into this for you.

BandOfBrothers
You're very welcome and I hope things are resolved for you ASAP.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.