Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS v3 stopped working

abond
2: Seeker

I bought a new SS V3 on 27th July

I was unable to register it until 29th due to site maintenance “Sorry, we’re making a few tweaks”

After successful registration, I made a successful test call on 29th.

The following week I noticed that the signal strength was back to -118dB (as it was before I installed the SS)

The lights were showing normal, but when I made a call the 4th LED did not come on.

I checked the registration status (once again the site was unavailable most times I tried to connect) but eventaully I got in and it still showed as registered.

Last Friday I kicked off a chat session  - this was a frustrating experience because I was initially connected to the personal team and it took some time before I was connected to the business team - and the business team responsible for SureSignal had gone home at 8pm.  We agreed I’d call back this week.

I have a BT Smart Hub Type A; other DHCP clients are connecting and using UPnP to set port forwarding rules, but the SS is not apparently doing this – it does get an IP via DHCP though.

On Monday I thought I’d try a reset before calling support again, but it didn’t reconnect - solid red power and flashing internet LEDs.  I left it for over 24h but no success.

I’ve now set up port forwarding rules manually, but yesterday, LEDs were flashing red power and amber Internet.

Once again, the support site was down so I was unable to check registration status.

Today, I’m still unable to check registration (what’s the point of a website that is down 90% of the time!??)

I've reset the SS again and now it has different LEDs: flashing red power and solid amber “In use”

S/N 42161751880

Pingtest 8ms

download is 38.17 Mb/s

upload is 9.05 Mb/s

IP 81.156.188.3

C:\Users\abond>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     2 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  bthub [192.168.1.254]

2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

3     *        *        *     Request timed out.

4    15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  31.55.187.176

5    15 ms    15 ms    14 ms  core1-hu0-10-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.127.162]

6    16 ms    15 ms    16 ms  host213-121-193-203.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.193.203]

7    17 ms    16 ms    16 ms  t2c3-et-3-3-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.238]

8    19 ms    15 ms    15 ms  166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]

9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

21     *        *        *     Request timed out.

22     *        *        *     Request timed out.

23     *        *        *     Request timed out.

24     *        *        *     Request timed out.

25     *        *        *     Request timed out.

26     *        *        *     Request timed out.

27     *        *        *     Request timed out.

28     *        *        *     Request timed out.

29     *        *        *     Request timed out.

30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Please advise how to get this working!

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

abond

Update - after many attempts I was able to login to My Vodafone this morning and check the status - it still shows registered and active (last login 28th July).  And after a few more resets of the SS3 it's finally back to where it was before - looks like it's connected, but is not transmitting 3G (my phone shows -118dB signal strength, and the user LED on the SS3 does not light when I make a call). 

I've not had any reply to my post - is anyone monitoring this?

Well, I don't know if anyone at Vodafone has changed something, but it suddenly does seem to be working again now (amazing! It's only taken 2 weeks).   My signal strength is now -40dB and the user light comes on when I make a call. 

I'll report back if this changes.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@abond

Thanks for letting us know you're back up and running.

We updated our servers last night and now you can enjoy the benefits of our Sure Signal.