Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS1 Still not working

marti
4: Newbie
My SS1 went down last week, I assume as part of the outage. So far it is still not working. I have rebooted it a number of times, rebooted my router, and changed the location of the SS on the manage page of the website - is there anything thst can now be done to get it up and running again? Last time it went down the only advice I was given by calling 191 was to buy a new one! Serial number is 21222164879
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marti,

Having been round the houses like you,

Have you got a 12v 1.5a or 12v 2a power supply hanging around?

Seems from other posts on this site it is not uncommon for the power supplies do go out.

They have enough amp output to purely establish a connection as your tracert shows, but not enough to power 3G.

On the advice of Matt_B I changed mine and was up and running in 15 mins.

Good as gold since!

If you have one, try it.

Best of luck.

Bazza

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hi guys,

@hbs187 – Thanks, for the update. If you wish to discuss this further, get in touch with us here.

@Kendo70 – Thanks for the update.

If we can help with anything else let us know.

@Invincidan75 – Please can you re confirm your IP address? As this is not being found on the data base?

You have the latest version of firmware so this won’t be affecting your Sure Signal.

Please ensure that your IPSEC setting is selected on your router, if you’re not sure how to do this, please contact your internet provider.

@bazza987 – Thanks for this feedback. :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura, 

My IP address is 86.175.71.116

Dan

Hi Dan,

I can see your Sure Signal made contact with the network at 11.35pm yesterday.

If it’s still the same, let us know if the light sequence has changed.

Thanks,

Gemma

Invincidan75
2: Seeker
Hi Gemma,
The power light has stayed lit since Sunday but no other lights have illuminated that I've seen since.
Dan.

hbs187
Bazza - thank you so much for your suggestion of changing power supply. We had to order on off the Internet, but as of today, the SS1 is up and running again! I have asked vodafone couple of times if it could be the power supply and was assured that was not the case. They asked me to purchase a new SS but were out of stock.... So thanks again!

marti
My SS had been up and running sgain for a week or so, since I bought a new power supply at Bazza's suggestion. I now keep getting messages asking me to confirm my SS location - I have done this a couple of times on the website but still get them - can this be stopped somehow??

@Invincidan75 

Sorry, we seemed to miss your post. Are you still experiencing difficulties with your Sure Signal?

@marti

Can I take your serial number?

Thanks,

Matt

marti
My serial numbet is. 21222164879

Regards

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi marti,

I've made some changes from this end and you should find the messages now stop.

Thanks,

Matt B