Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS1 Still not working

marti
4: Newbie
My SS1 went down last week, I assume as part of the outage. So far it is still not working. I have rebooted it a number of times, rebooted my router, and changed the location of the SS on the manage page of the website - is there anything thst can now be done to get it up and running again? Last time it went down the only advice I was given by calling 191 was to buy a new one! Serial number is 21222164879
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marti,

Having been round the houses like you,

Have you got a 12v 1.5a or 12v 2a power supply hanging around?

Seems from other posts on this site it is not uncommon for the power supplies do go out.

They have enough amp output to purely establish a connection as your tracert shows, but not enough to power 3G.

On the advice of Matt_B I changed mine and was up and running in 15 mins.

Good as gold since!

If you have one, try it.

Best of luck.

Bazza

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hi Kendo70.

YES, after swapping to another ISP and different router as Matt_B suggested, light sequence remained the same.

I posted results and another tracert.

Matt_B then diagnosed power supply.

SO:

I checked my exiting SS supply - a Sagem

It was 12v 1.5a. power supply.

Fortunately, My external HDD had exactly the same output (differnt make though)

Plugged it in and was up and running within 15mins.

Good as gold since.

If you don't have one, ebay have loads just type in 12v 1.5a power supply.

Range from £2.99 to £15.

An exact Sagem to the one supplied with the SS is £9.99 inc P&P.

Best of luck

Bazza

Kendo70
Hi Bazza
So to confirm, all you did was change your power supply.
I was on the phone earlier for about an hour configuring my router on the advice of Vodafone and guess what ,still not working.

Kendo70
Hi Bazza
So all you did was change the power supply?
I was on the phone earlier configuring my router with sky on the advice of vodafone but guess what..... Still not working.

Hi Kendo70.

In the end, YES. And that was with a second hand one I had from an External HDD.

All it has to be is 12v DC out at 1.5 or 2 amp

Going great now.

Found this on another post....

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Failing-Sure-Signal-Power-Supply/td-p/1498488

Cheers

Bazza

Kendo70
Cheers bazza

Kendo70
Hi DaveCD
No it's not up and running, I've done a tracer. I've done this with my ISP
1. Internet Download speed 1 MB 2. Internet Upload Speed 0.36 MB 3. the handset should be set up for 3g connection. 4. The connection for the router should be PPPoA connection. contacting Internet service provider 5. on the router settings, MTU should be set for 1500 contacting Internet service provider 6. ip address should be static contacting Internet service provider 7. latency should be below 200ms. 8. Open ports 8 TCP UDP 50 TCP UDP 53 TCP UDP 67 UDP 68 UDP 123 UDP 500 UDP 1723 TCP UDP 4500 UDP 33434 - 33445 UDP
I've reset it numerous times
What now?
Can you send me a new sure signal please.
Regards
Kendo

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kendo,

What’s your Sure Signal serial number?

Thanks,

Gemma

Kendo70

hbs187
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, after the reset, I tried new cable but still the same problem - top light on, second one comes on after a while, fourth flashes before the 2nd & 4th lights go off. After a while the sequence starts again

marti
I replaced the power supply about s month ago - I really can't see it being the problem although it's mot unheard of that a new one can go down! The last one died completely. May just give it a go!