Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS3 and BT HH5 problems

BenMorgan
2: Seeker

Have been having issues with the Sure Signal unit not working for the past 2 weeks since I bought it. I have tried everything I can to get it to work, but the settings on a HH5 don't allow for a lot of configuration as far as I can tell. 

It now works but I am concerned about the fix I have used.

I turned the firewall on the HH5 off in the advanced settings. The unit now works fine so long as the ethernet cable is plugged into the HomeHub5, it doesn't work without this wired connection. To say that I am at the end of my tether with this is is beyond but I work from home a lot and not having a vodafone signal is a genuine problem. I left EE and moved to vodafone purely based on the SureSignal product. Now it works but I have no idea about the impact of not having a firewall. 

Any opinions would be gratefully received. 

Ben

and the firewall is turned off. I went into the router settings and turned off the 

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BenMorgan,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues with this.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend having your firewall turned off. I'd turn it back on as soon as you get chance.

Once you’ve done this, can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks,

Wayne

JamesTBaines
I had the same problem: After a power cut, the SS3 could not connect to the HH5 despite 4 days of resetting. The SS3 tech folks emailed me a load of guff which I totally ignored and took advice from a friend instead.

His advice was to go into the HH5 settings, go to "Devices", identify the SS3 device, click on it and, at the IP Address line, click the "Always use this address" button, then click on "Apply Changes".

Did that and instantly, the SS3 turned off, then on again and was fully functional within 10 minutes.

To make life easier in the future, I went back into the HH5 settings and changed the device name to "SureSignal" to make it easier to find in future. (It was identified by its MAC code which is on the back of the SS3) and I have other devices recognised by the hub so it was a little confusing until I renamed it.

Hope this helps, James

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as this may help you to resolve your issue.  It has links to the key things you can do to try and resolve the issue you are experiencing

PWIAC