Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SURE SIGNAL NOT WORKING - JUST GOT CUT OFF BY VODAFONE

ttrisolino
2: Seeker

Hello

I have also posted elsewhere. On 18th Sep I called Vodafone and spent 30 mins on phone - they told me that it was all sorted. I called again today - another 30 minutes and I got cut off. I have also posted several messages to get my sure signal working - to no avail.

Do Vodafone want me as a customer? Because frankly - it is just TOO hard!

Please can someone call me on (Removed in lin with House Rules) and help me get this sure signal working. I have sent the ping tests etc. and did not get any useful answer. I have tried to reset and nothing. 

Theresa

7 REPLIES 7

ttrisolino

Dear Vodafone

Please can someone come back to me.

Theresa

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ttrisolino,

Sarah responded to your other post here yesterday.

When referring to the troubleshooting, we can see that you’ve already posted speed tests and traceroutes.

What we’re asking is that you run through the firewall settings and check port forwarding, plus any other checks you’re asked to make before we can help further.

Thanks,

Simon

Dear Simon

I don't work in IT - nor do I want to. All of this is double dutch to me. The point is that the sure signal box was working fine - and now it isn't. The only thing that changed is that my husband changed provider and therefore was no longer the key person on the account.

Theresa

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Theresa,

I can see that the Sure Signal was deregistered and the registered successfully.

Please confirm which ISP you're using.

We're aware of a known issue here which is under investigation.

DaveCD

I don't know what an ISP is.

This is too hard.

I have changed provider - 100% due to this situation.

For future reference I really think that this process needs major simplification - many of us are NOT technically minded and choose not to have to be.

Regards

Theresa

(I therefore no longer require the sure signal device so please deregister or whatever you have to do with it.) 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ttrisolino,

It's a shame to see you've left us.

For future reference, an ISP is an Internet Service Provider.

We asked this as there was a known issue for some customers which has been fixed today. The statement was updated here.

To deregister your Sure Signal, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

For a guide to your final bills following cancellation, please visit this guide.

Thanks,

Ben

DaveCD,

I suggest that you check the link you have provided. If I click on it, I get an 'Access Denied' message! What on earth is happening at Vodafone? It just goes from bad to worse - if that were possible!

JPC